Who can I talk to about my depression online?

Jill Kapil, PsyD

I have experience working in University College counseling centers, and am passionate about working with young adults. My work with clients is collaborative and supportive.

YourListenertilllastbreath
March 23rd, 2016 5:34pm
You can talk to us 7 cups listener , i cannot gurrantee solution to all your problems but i can garuntee you wont have to face them alone. 😊
MaeveTheBrave
Talk to us! :) We're always here for you!
HeavensReside
You can talk about your depression here, at 7 Cups of Tea. We have a wonderful community and are very supportive. Please don't be talking to us. We understand.
SilentSerenityy
March 23rd, 2016 10:00pm
You're already on the right site! :D You can talk to a listener here or you could talk to a friend/family member you trust.
BobMarley420
I know it is pretty hard to talk about you depression online to a stranger. Just relax and tell the listener how you feel and what's going on in your life that makes you feel sad.
Anonymous
7 cups of tea is an outstanding place to get help. there are also several hotlines that allow you to chat with people who are out to help, also trusted friends and family are great!!!!
Anonymous
You can talk to any listener on this website :) I'm sure many of us will be willing to help you or atleast listen to you.
Anonymous
You can talk to a listener. We will listen to you and support you. You can also speak to other professionals online, If you are located in the UK you can speak to Samaritans.
Anonymous
ANYONE from 7cups can help you, Listeners are always free to hear you up. There are open-minded people here.
AlexHelpingAllICan
Here on 7cups, there are a lot of people willing to listen to you. You only need to find someone and begin talking to them
Square
Depression has become more open now. People are more aware it exist's and the stigma is slowly going away. There will always be trolls. But the power to ignore it is a first step and open up
dxlight
March 23rd, 2016 11:02pm
A really good place to talk about your depression is 7 cups of tea but you can also find many other chat options
Anonymous
If you want to pay for a therapist, there are sites online that you can find and use, but you'll have to pay for them. You can talk to people on 7cups as well, but you might not find the help that you need, just someone to lend you an ear when you need one. If you're seriously depressed and a danger to yourself, I suggest speaking with a close friend or family member about seeking therapy, as well as have someone offline who'll support you when you're going through rough times.
kunnupanda10
You should talk to our dedicated group of listeners here at 7 ,cups of tea. I am pretty sure you'll get the perfect guidance here.
GentleCompass
A trusted friend, parent or experienced listener on a website like 7 cups can be a great comfort. However, teachers, mentors and peers going through depression may also be able to give you insight and empathise with your situation like others may not. Sometimes it's difficult to talk about depression, or even give it that label, so take it slow. Start out by allowing yourself to feel less alone in the comfort of a friendly voice online, whether is be anonymous or somebody that cares about you and wants to be there for you. You don't have to jump into talking about things straight away if you're not comfortable with it. It's important that you trust and feel safe with whomever you're confiding in. Your feelings are valid and sacred, and it's important that you be treated with respect and care.
FlowingWater21
You may find it helpful to simply chat with listeners here on 7 cups. We are always eager to listen to your present concerns, and I, myself, would love to listen
perfectoriginal
April 2nd, 2016 6:36am
Well, on 7cups there are special chat rooms set aside for depression specifically. Also, you could try connecting to a listener on here and talk to them.
ImmaMonster
There are many professionals online and then there are also many support sites like 7 Cups of Tea. Often if you just go into the search bar and type in support sites for depression something useful will come up. Also going offline might help you to better ground yourself. For example talking to a real therapist or your friends or family could help. It will most probably be hard but it will help.
neverletlifetakeyourspark
You can talk to a 7Cups member! We will always be willing to help. You can message a friend online, even an internet friend (just make sure you really who they are). If things become too difficult, you can call a crisis line. There are also numbers that you can text. Reaching out for help is not a bad thing. In fact, it shows how strong you are. I'm proud of you for trying to get better. You got this.
ErinKay
You can talk to people on 7 Cups! There are also many other therapy resources covered by many insurance companies. Telehealth for mental health is an increasing field. Check with your health insurance company to see if this is available to you.
OpenedEyes
The best place to go is 7cups, honestly I came her for depression and lots of other things but I ended up being a listener. Best thing I could have done, I ended up helping so many people and I still am.
sereneHoliday44
There are professional consultants and voluntary listeners like on the 7 cups, who would be glad to talk with you or rather listen to what you have to say about your depression.
cookiesandtea22
March 23rd, 2016 11:24pm
You can talk to anyone on this website about your depression, and anyone on a suicide/depression online hotline. People with whom you feel will keep your depression a secret between you and them, and who take your condition seriously, are the people you should talk with. Many people here would be more than willing to talk with you about it!
fallingflowerpetals00
Listeners and even your friends if you feel comfortable with it. I always go to 7 cups of tea when i feel like i cant go to anyone or i feel depressed They'res websites that have doctors to talk to. But never ever bottle it up.
calmRose33
You can talk to any of the active trained listeners that are not trained therapists but are available for you to vent about your problems without the fear of been judged.
Anonymous
I can talk to my friends online. They help me feel better about what i'm goinv though. They are always there for me.
SenpaiXD
Trained listeners that at least have 5 star reviews on this websites. They are generally the best listeners you can discuss your problem with.
compassionateSunshine76
someone who is really not involved so that you will be comfortable. As well as his/her personal advice or assumptions won't mean to hurt you or making your situation even worst.
Anonymous
You can talk to listeners , or join group support chats - we have a Great Depression support room that has weekly discussions on how to deal with depression too
Anonymous
You can talk to an active listener here on 7 cups of tea or a therapist. If you have facebook, there are plenty of support groups like anxiety, depression, self harm, ocd, bipolar, ptsd and adhd. There's plenty.