who do you talk to about depression?

Elizabeth Kincade, Ph.D.

I work collaboratively with clients because together we can make the changes you want and need. I listen and support and as well as advise and coach.

wonderfulWaterfall86
I talk to my therapist or my boyfriend about depression. My boyfriend has the same thing so we can relate to each other a lot. My therapist shows me great ways of coping and getting rid of my depression and social anxiety
ella3421
Depression is a very common mental illness that lots of people struggle with. And lots of those people, have no idea what to do with it. There are many listeners here on this site to help you out and listen to you the best we can, but the best thing for you to do is let a professional know. A doctor, therapist, or suicide prevention line can help you out. If you are in need of immediate help because you're experiencing thoughts from your depression that make you want to hurt yourself or anyone else, you have the right and you should call 911 immediately. If you just want to talk about it, you should seriously consider a mental health therapist.
Anonymous
To my best friend. You can talk to your mother too but I think my age fellow can only understand me completely.
Anonymous
I talk to my closes friends or my significant other. The people who truly understand will be able to support you better. I also talk to my doctor about it.
Anonymous
Friends and family are usually the best. You can also go to a therapist, counselor or someone her at 7cups though!
YourBestFriendRyan
January 31st, 2016 8:43pm
You can talk to a trusted friend or family member, or if you feel more comfortable and have the resources, you can talk to a therapist. And, of course, you can always talk to one of us here at 7 Cups!
delicateShoulder44
February 3rd, 2016 6:02pm
I usually talk to my friends about depression because I relate to them better. I don't really talk to my parents much about it, but they don't really understand it anyway. The bottom line is that talking to someone, anyone, is an important part of the healing process.
Anonymous
When you're depressed you can talk about it with a friend you really trust, or an adult you really trust, such as a counselor, a parent, or a religious leader.
CaringJoy
A safe, non judgmental and supportive person, professional or support group that you trust will support you and encourage you in your struggles. For example 7 Cups!
Mike8448
You can talk with your GP or a therapist. If you are in school a counselor might be able to help as well. And then of course there are the people here at 7cups!
MPuffin
If you believe that you are suffering from depression talk to a friend or family member as they will be able to help you. The first person I told was my best friend who was able to support me, then I told my mum and then a teacher at school. I was then referred to a doctor who was able to help me understand what I was going through.
Anonymous
I talk to the people on here, my friends, and my mom-- Its good to talk about depression with people who care :)
passionatepanda
Now a days, there are so many different specialists, websites, etc. dedicated to mental health, such as us, 7 cups of tea, or 741741, a crisis text line, or you can reach out to family, friends, school counselor, coworker, psychologist, or psychologist. Now-a-days, it is very easy to find someone to help, and most people are very accepting, all you have to do is reach out!
whitewhalee
Depression is something that when I'm aware of, I would talk about it to all those close people around me who wish to help but not just verbally advise, so that I can assure their assistance when needed without having this guilt mind of regretting of telling them
moonchild29
My online friends. I tried to talk to my parents once but it seems like they don't really get it or assume the problem will go away by itself.
Anonymous
I talk to my close friends and family that I trust. My boyfriend is my biggest support system but isn't my only one because that isn't always a good thing either.
Anonymous
I talk to close friends but it's easiest to talk to strangers who are patient enough to listen since they would have less motivations to hurt me.
RainbowTrie
When I'm depressed I talk to my partner because she understands what I need. The most important thing is to talk to someone who will listen to me and validate my feelings without offering too many solutions or minimizing my depression.
Anonymous
You can talk to friends,family,adults,teachers,coaches,counselors! Pretty much any one you feel comfortable talking to!
GoodListener2016
It actually depends on with whom you feel more comfortable with, it can be a family member, a close friend, a colleague at work or even a distant friend. It does not matter who the person is, the most important thing is if that person is really capable to devote time and effort to listen to you and help you if you need help.
darlingyouregorgeous
You can talk about depression to anyone you feel comfortable around. If that's a parent, sibling, friend, relative, teacher, or a listener here at 7 Cups of Tea, anyone you want to talk to should be willing to listen.
Anonymous
If you can, talking to a psychologist is the best person to talk to, because they always listen to you, and have the best advice for you. They graduated in psychology, so they're the ones to go to!
Anonymous
Myself ! Split your own personality into two and try to make the two talk to each other. Dig deep into what's bothering you and what can be reasonably done about it. (start by "OKAY, so what seems to be the problem "
Sassy001
I would talk to family,friends and others who have depression and understand what it is like.I would also speak to a doctor or therapist if needed.
Anonymous
I often talk to an adult or close relative I trust about depression. They often help tremendously and I often feel much better after speaking to them.
heavenPainting21
some great listners at the 7 cups of tea who will listen to you and help however they can, to support you when in need of help
healingdua09
To those closest to me. You cannot share such things with everyone because they don't always understand and you don't want to be helpless. Go to someone you feel comfortable to share your deepest thoughts with.
Anonymous
You can talk to a therapist or a doctor about it if you want. Or talk to your parents , friends , church anyone who you feel safe with and close to you and means well enough to help.
Anonymous
I talk about depression with my mum, because she understands me best and supports me no matter what.
Anonymous
I talk to a trustful person about depression thank goodness people are kind I can't do anything without them.