who do you talk to about depression?

Italy

Anna Pavia, psicologa psicoterapeuta psychotherapist psychologist counselor

I feel my work as my personal mission and I love it. My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive. I am a very good listener. I use several approaches. Amo il mio lavoro.

erenflowers
Whomever you want. It is entirely up to you, however there are some recommended folks that- depending on the situation- could probably help. Parents, doctors, therapists, trusted friends, etc. Don't feel pressured to tell anyone if you don't want to, even if it's a family member. If you have a therapist, for whatever reason, I would strongly recommend talking to them about depression.
Maggie5632
I talk talk to people I trust such as my school guidance counsellor, my social worker, and my sister
Anonymous
No one at all sometimes. I bottle most of my feelings and thoughts in. I know I know.. That's bad...
gForce
I don't talk about depression. I think about solutions. What's making me depressed? what can I do about it? If I can't do anything about it, how can I distract myself from it?
Neverend1ngLake
Depression is a clinical diagnosis, therefore doctors, psychologists or therapists are the ones trained to help you with this issue. Understanding that it is a disorder of the neurotransmitters is important to help you realize that it goes beyond feeling sad. However, talking to someone you trust as well can help the situation be a little easier on you.
Anonymous
Anyone, your family, your friends, a teacher, a work colleague, a psychologist, a doctor, a therapist, or one of our friendly listeners on here!
EndlesslyDreaming
November 21st, 2017 3:44pm
People online that I trust, my therapist, my family sometimes but not nearly as much as the others. I talk to people I trust and know will still be there for me.
Anonymous
There are many listeners active on our page ready to support you, otherwise you might be interested in looking for a verified therapist in your vicinity.
Engineeringhappiness
you could talk to a listener who is an expert of depression here on 7 cups of tea! or you can speak to a therapist in your area
strawberryHope25
anyone who you trust enough to either keep your personal secret or to know whether to help you get help. our loved ones such as family and friends. even co workers could know so they have an understanding as to what you are going through
Rebekah
There are numerous people who you can talk to in regards to depression. There are doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, friends - the list goes on. Sometimes it can be difficult to talk about, but it may be beneficial for you, as there are therapies and medication available. Usually, you can refer yourself to psychological places without needing to go to the doctors, but in some countries you need to get a doctor's note or referral, so it's dependent on your country. Depression can be something that some people are embarrassed about or ashamed to feel, when in fact it is a normal feeling for people to feel.
carefreeHeart
you should speak to someone you trust. someone you know will be there for you, and will help you out. it's important to know who to trust. people sometimes will use you to know your secrets and or personal life. watch out for people like those, and make sure anyone you talk about this with is trusted. you can also speak to someone online on a website like here, 7 cups. only speak to listeners if you feel comfortable with the listener who took your request. do not speak to a listener you do not feel comfortable speaking to. there are many people in the world to help you with this issue, as well as a therapist, therapists are professional, and are able to help you in a very educated manor.
Anonymous
Well, based on my experienced I am much comfortable talking about my depression with my best friend she is a good listener and she really shows me that she understand what I am going in through and she is let me speak without interrupting me. I guess when it come to this topic we should really share it to the people whom we trust and to the people who can really understand our situation and can be the best listener at the same time. It is so hard to talk about depression and it is also hard to find someone to trust about this matter.
jordanneedscoffee
Depression can be difficult to talk about and I find it most helpful to talk to someone who knows what depression looks like--usually a mental health professional. When I talk to my friends or partner, they are always supportive, but they may not have a true understanding of what depression looks like which makes it hard for me to feel heard. Sometimes it's really helpful to talk to someone who doesn't know me on a personal level because I feel less judged. I would recommend trying to find a therapist or counselor that has a background in depression, so that I know I am getting the best advice possible.
Anonymous
You can talk to lots of different people about depression. A good place to start may be a close friend, family member, doctor, and a therapist is a great person to talk to. Lots of people care about you and would love to help support you with depression, as it is very hard to cope with alone. I hope that there is someone out there willing to listen to you, and there are many people here on 7 cups that would love to listen to you! You're never alone, and there are always people out there that love you and will support you.