Why can't I communicate myself correctly without sounding clingy ?

Elena Morales, LMHC

I believe silence creates a cycle. With empathic and collaborative therapy, we break the cycle. I help clients feel validated and supported passed anger, shame, and anxiety.

Smilelikethis15
Practise talking infront of a mirrior to your self at least for 15 minutes a day. Record yoursef and listen to yourself and then identify the words that you use that sound clingy and chnage them.
bthechange89
The idea of sounding "clingy" is often a label that we put on ourselves that is negative self-talk. You might feel that you sound clingy, but it is likely how you perceive your own ways of communication. One possible strategy would be to try to look at the way you are communicating and try to decide whether it is "clingy" from an objective point of view, trying to keep your emotions pushed aside. You might find that you really are not clingy after all. If you find in this experiment that you say some things you feel are "clingy" (and by the way, what does "clingy" mean to you and sound like to you?), then think to yourself: "How could I have said that better?" "Why did that sound clingy?" "Could I rephrase it to not sound that way?" "What was I trying to get across and why?" You can do this any time you have a conversation you feel like is "clingy" and when you analyze your own communication and ideas about what it means to by "clingy", you can make "edits" for the future and change your speech to feel comfortable for you.
KittyMcFluffles
Some people are insecure and judge themselves to be shy or introverted while actually longing for human companionship. Should this longing persist and affect you on a daily basis, then it can happen that this urge makes its way into interpersonal interactions. This means that you could come off as clingy or maybe desperate. Of course, this is entirely dependent on the one you try to talk to, since it all comes down to how your contributions to the conversation are interpreted.
tavidragonheart
Being clingy is not a bad thing. It means you really care about someone. Society has conditioned clingy to be something negative. It reflect passion, don't be afraid of it.
Anonymous
That's lack of self-esteem, I also sound clingy when I try to communicate with others, so when I want to express my emotions, I just write what I want to say so others can read it. I hope it helps you.
Anonymous
Who thinks you sound clingy? We can be our own worst critic. Clingy is a term usually meant to put down women for trying to communicate about themselves at all: are you a woman who is calling herself clingy because society has told her to? It's okay to talk about yourself. It's often the only way to learn what you really need and who you really are. Learn how to talk about yourself without judging yourself for what you're saying. All you can do for yourself and others is be honest, open-minded, and calm when you discuss anything: especially personal concerns or issues. Best of luck finding yourself!
majesticCloud84
I have struggled with similar thoughts but, most of the time, sounding clingy is only how you sound to yourself. And, if I'm concerned about how I'm sounding I will usually say "Sorry if I'm sounding..." to make sure that if I am sounding clingy I acknowledge it.