Why do I always think everything I do is wrong?

Polly Letsch, LCSW

I provide non-judgmental, person-centered, objective therapeutic treatment for individuals of all ages to improve social, emotional, mental and other areas of functioning.

Anonymous
You believe that everything you do is wrong because You have self-doubt. This is a common thing. Just trust your decisions and hope for the best, I believe every decision is a right decision, these decisions are what makes you who you are now, who is to say that if you had done something else it would have been better. You will never know. Another reason you believe that what you do is wrong is because you are over thinking what you have done. It is already done and you can not change it. It is time for you to start living believing that what you have done has and will shape you for the better. Remember we live and learn and this will make you stronger.
Juanyboy
Often times, we think of things that we do is wrong because we do not have the foresight to see the consequences or benefits of our actions. It's not that the current action is wrong, we tend to fear what might happen if we continue to do what we have done. Let's take an example like breakups. Because we do not know the future, a breakup can be a very interesting part of life because we do not know whether or not that choice was wrong or right. While not applicable in every case of a breakup, it is important to rationalize decisions not solely on emotions but with logic.
oneness1
If you fail in many of your attempts consecutively you conclude that you will fail every time without analyzing what was the reason for the failures. . The wrong does not lie with the doer but with the actions. you equate the results of actions with a doer . if actions are modified suitably , action will lead to successful results
SmilingMeow
Lack of Confidence , no can can know the after math of every decision we make if you want to be prefect just believe in yourself and keep saying i can do it
Anonymous
It's because you're not enough self-confident. Have confidence on yourself. Do everything with confidence, love and determination. That should help.
SeekerOfHappiness01
Anxiety can sometimes make people feel like that. I can certainly relate. If you feel nervous to do those things then that's a pretty good sign that it's anxiety. There's not really a cure, but if you have a look at the Anxiety Self-Help Guide (found on the Path drop down bar at the top of your screen) then it may offer some useful tips that could help.
Anonymous
I used to be the same way. Honestly, in my opinion, we let all the negative thoughts get into the way of all the happiness in our minds. If you're someone who's been put down and hurt than you could just be a person who puts their self down unintentionally.
Anonymous
December 3rd, 2016 7:31pm
Everyone feels like that sometimes, and it's okay to think that from time to time. Even if you give it your all, you may think that you could have done it better, but that is because you already have gone through it and know how it went. And that's exactly it - you didn't know for certain how will it go, but you tried your best anyway. So there is not really doing it "wrong" - as long as you know you gave it your all and you tried your best. And even if you didn't, that's okay, too. You will get better at it next time.
Drusilla451
It is usually down to how you feel about yourself, your self worth and the confidence you have in yourself. I found looking up articles about self worth and mindfulness meditation helps me ground myself in the here and now stops me second guessing myself, and your mind working overtime which can cause doubts to build. But the biggest thing is confidence. In yourself and your abilities. You may have moments of self doubt about a few things but you should not have them about everything.
Anonymous
Sometimes we do things and because of lack of confidence or low self esteem we see everything we do wrong or not good enough
DestinyJ
I think in life it's easier to be critical of our fault rather than focus energy on our strengths. I used to think I was a total screw up because I could only focus on the negative things about myself. We have to change our way of thought. I think we should take accountability for our faults but don't let them define us.
Anonymous
Sometimes we can think that what we do is wrong, but you may be over thinking things- try relax more and chill out maybe? I'm sure that you're not doing everything wrong! Focus on the positives rather than the negatives and I'm sure things will start to look up :)
Anonymous
Sometines we compare oursekf with someone and we thought we are less or we are wrong..or sometimes some bad things which leads us to think that way but its not always right..No one is always right and no one is always wrong. Its all about our different point if views and variation of thinking thats all.
Anonymous
Because you are prone to being overly critical of yourself and allowing your inner bully to govern your thinking style.
Anonymous
We are always hardest on ourselves and we have such high expectations of ourselves that it seems like everything we do is failure but this is simply not the case.
Anonymous
When I feel like everything I do is wrong is when my anxiety and self doubt gets the better of me. I am also doing a lot of judging of myself during those times. I find that I am my own worst critic. When I get out of my head and start focusing outside of me, that's when I begin to stop overthinking things and also freezing up.
WGlasser
This would be a common CBT thinking error. It would be impossible to do "everything" wrong so the question involves a gross exaggeration which is an inaccurate thought. Write down some of the things you have done right. We all do somethings right and somethings wrong (which is consistent with being human). It's very important to keep in mind the things we do right to combat cognitive (thinking) errors which can lead to negative emotions as well as anxiety and depression.
Daoukinator
In this world there isnt alot of right and wrong these days, its all about perspective, you may just be in a community or social space that dont have your vision or agree with your points of view or perspective, your perspective is what makes you, you.
Neverend1ngLake
Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, things don't work out the way we expected and that's okay. Life is not about getting it right all the time, but about learning from our experiences and keep on trying. We can be harder on our selves than on anyone else and it can take a toll on us. Try talking to you as you would to a friend, we tend to be more understanding when we talk to people we care about. Always remember, you are doing your best and I believe you can achieve all your goals!
AthulRJ
It's because you have a fear of making mistakes. No need to worry for that. You must make mistakes and learn from it so that, the next time you come across a similar situation, you will have a best solution. Do make mistakes, do wrong, and learn from it. Learn what went wrong in what you did. Fix It. The more mistakes you make, the more wise you are. And please remember these words, "You are what you think you are". You are defined by how you define yourself. Focus on the positive things in your life and you will attract more of them in. Stay Positive.!!! :)
TessMo
I'm always judging myself. I can't even have a normal conversation without stopping mid-sentence and battling with my thoughts. My gosh, the whole affair is painfully awkward it always makes me want to cry.
Anonymous
We tend to be more critical on ourselves then others. It may feel like everything you do is wrong, but perhaps instead of focusing on what you're unhappy with, focus on what you do that makes you feel happy. Remember, you're a human being. Everyone makes mistakes and that's okay. But start focusing on ways to see the positive side in yourself.
Dancingeyes
We are our own worst critics. It's easy to get caught up in societal standards to the point of judging ourselves but it's also equally as important to remember to treat ourselves with the same amount of compassion with give others. Compassion starts with ourself.
turquoiseTortoise3496
Most of the time as growing up we get blamed for everything we do and so we start thinking its our fault.. We try pleasing everyone but still feel we didn't do enough.. We start letting Negative thoughts build up inside of us then we start putting ourselves down and we start having doubts.. The best person to turn to is God! He is the way truth and life! Once u start to build confidence and trust in Him u will come to realize that u are able to conquer all things through Christ who strengthens us. Philippians 4:13
solabee
Anxiety/Depression can cause self-esteem issues that give way to doubting everything you do or say. So can past experiences with people who were really negative. You can help yourself by talking with people who are compassionate and by working on your self-talk (how you talk to yourself in your mind). Practicing ways to encourage yourself is a good way to start countering this habit of negative self-talk.
GracefulWitness04
It is completely normal to criticise everything you do and to think that no matter how hard you try you're wrong. However you need to start excepting that you don't always mess up, that you are good at what you do and show yourself that, don't be so hard on yourself, you are amazing and you need to except that
EternalSunshine930
One mistake doesn't mean that everything you do is wrong. You can't judge yourself on one mistake. Everyone make mistakes and that's what make them strong. You have to learn from your mistakes. Before doing something you have to believe in yourself. When you will get hold of yourself then everything will ba alright.
empathicSunset87
Self doubt maybe, low self esteem, a feeling of not being good enough. When we have bad feelings towards ourselves, everything we do can seem wrong or not good enough or even that those around us feel the same when in fact that isn't true.
Anonymous
It's hard to believe what we do is correct. There are so many influences to judge how we act, but in the end we are the ones who decide what we believe is right or wrong. If you are feeling everything you do is wrong it might be time to start analyzing what influences you and why you think that way. It's a difficult mindset to move on from and change, but it is worth it to feel better about yourself.
maxxy1989
What I personally learned is, that you develope a negative mindset over time. It may be some people that have told you over and over again that you are messing up things, and at some point you start to believe them, even though it is not true. You should try to remember the last 5 things that you did correctly. And once you've found them, you will see there are many more things you are doing right. sometimes it's not your fault, so look around and make sure you are not in reality surrounded by assholes. ^^