Why do i feel depressed all of a sudden out of no where?

Courtney Cline, MS in Psychology and MS in criminal Justice

I have 15 years exeperience in working with clients suffering from depression and substance abuse. I have worked with children and adults and believe in a holistic view.

arcko
There's always a reason. That is to say, there's always something that creates those feelings. Sometimes we aren't aware of what it is.
Anonymous
It could be because something that happened recently or you have been gradually becoming more sad but haven't noticed
Scarlettskyblue
Depression can take us by surprise when we least expect it. When this has happened to me I try to respect it, give it space and find a way to manage best I can.
EllaLoves
Depressive episodes can come out of nowhere, however, it is more common in people who have clinical depression. I would suggest speaking with a professional.
PositiveDreamer2016
Depression can be caused by a number of things. Has this ever happened to you and have you ever talked to someone about how you are feeling? What is happening in your life right now to make you feel this way?
Chantelly121
Depression sometimes does not have a set cause, and this is very normal for depression. To not rule anything out, write yourself a good and bad comparison in your life and see if any of them indicate why you could be feeling bad. Depression can also be due to biology.
StormyAngles18
It could be a underlining condition or it is just one of those days where your mood is low. Some people have sudden mood changes depending on weather or moon phases it all depends on the person themselves.
GracefulDreamer5
Stress can be a high source. of sadness. Maybe school or after school activities are bothering you, maybe take a break of them for a while.
Anonymous
It is normal for you to feel down for no reason. We all go through days where we feel down, it just reminds us that we are human and have feelings. Just take care of yourself and enjoy the life you live.
clh2os
Depression can strike at the most random times. Often, consciously, we are unaware that certain events have affected us negatively. Or perhaps, you are experiencing multiple life transitions and it is wearing on your emotions. Think about any big changes you might be facing, or perhaps triggers that have brought up unresolved events from your past--from there you might discover why you feel the way you do.
Dontwurry
It is okay don't worry, you have just been through a lot of things, its okay to be depressed. Don't worry you perfectly fine we just need to talk through this okay:?
sweetDay98
Depression doesn't come with a date and time of arrival. It's a person's thoughts that cause feelings of sudden sadness and pain. This is normal and effects more percentage of the population than we think. You are not alone if you feel this way. There are various factors that contribute to sudden depression and if you keep a track of the events, you can actually draw a pattern. Maybe someone said something to hurt you a while back and feelings hadn't sunk in till this minute. Maybe you remembered a traumatic experience from the past. Maybe someone mentioned something that made think of things that happened in the past. The reasons are various and never concrete. However, they all contribute towards feelings of depression on sub-conscious level.
Anonymous
Sometimes, feeling depressed all of a sudden can be caused by a trigger. You may not know what exactly triggered you, but try to identify the source and avoid that trigger in the future.
Tia1202
Depression is a common problem that many people have. It can appear out of the blue or be caused by a certain event. One common reason for randomly being depressed is being stressed about something. You may not know it, but there can be something nagging at you such as overdue homework or your job is finally getting to you. Those are two common reasons why people can get randomly depressed.
GracefulandFaithful18
Sometimes I think we learn how to hide it for awhile and then one day it just sneaks up on you and gets out. This happens to me a lot. Sometimes it lasts for a couple days or sometimes it could lasts for months. I don't really know why this happens, but I know it happens to a lot of us. But I believe sometimes we just get tired of hiding it.
FruityloveBubbles11
You can feel depressed suddenly because of a personal important expection or milestone that wasn't reached. Although you might not notice right away you can feel it. Taking some time to dig deeper and find the source and naming the cause can help to ameliorate the sudden depression. It can be as simple as for example you won a 2nd place in a race which is pretty good but secretly you really wanted 1st place and you might feel you "failed" when you actually won in the race, not in your personal race. I believe sudden depression comes on when we feel unachieved in certain areas of our lives be it friendships, work , ourselves and our personal growth that use to be just fine. Sudden depression lets you know that something changed be it a situation or you. Sudden depression should pass away once you realize where it is coming from and how it can be solved aftering sorting things for example accepting&moving on like I didn't win 1st but I did work really hard it is almost like forgiveness to yourself and you might be happy in no time again after you do. Set yourself free :-)
blissfulAngel
Because your expectations from life didn't match the reality you were hoping for.You can't see your dreams coming true.
jixu
because we become direction less all of a sudden.we don't have a clarity on what we're gonna do in the next momemt.
ImaginativeBond
In life, living can conflict your decisions; with a choice, your thought can be heard in difference.
Anonymous
December 23rd, 2015 12:18am
Our emotional state changes depending on our environment and the interaction that occur in that space. Depression is usually after a precursor stimulus unless their is a chemical imbalance due to neurological disorder
AnnaWalker
December 23rd, 2015 4:18am
Depression can be caused by many things; recent events in your life, hormones, family history. Be positive, and continue your life as normal and it will go away. Many people experience moments of depression; remember that it's only temporary
iouty
December 23rd, 2015 2:54pm
Depression can strike out of no where and it is always an unpleasant experience when it does happen.
Anonymous
December 23rd, 2015 11:17pm
Is there something that is bothering you? If so, why does this bothers you? If not, perhaps I can help you figure out what else it may be that causes you to be depressed. :)
Anonymous
December 23rd, 2015 11:50pm
Sometimes that's how depression works. Depression is like a surprise party... but not the good kind, The unwanted kind, like the one your grandparents threw when you turned 12 and they gave you the doll house you never wanted and the clothes that were too small.
braveHeart1989
It is winter where I live, I am not sure about you. Seasonal affective disorder (seasonal depression) may be the cause of this, especially if it just became cold, and dreary outside. Maybe you can research it more and see if you relate to the causes. That would be my best guess!
Anonymous
Depression tends to do that sadly. Something that really helps me is giving myself something to look forward to, Make plans with friends or even treat yourself to something simple like a hot bath.
Anonymous
why you feel depressed out of now where could depend on many things, have you been sleeping enough lately? have you been eating well? your mind and body work together and when one feels good, the other will too.
Anonymous
It might be because of something you saw or heard you might not catch it right away but your subconcious might have.
FromBrazil
Nothing comes absolutely out of the blue. If you feel depressed there must be a reason. Sometimes it's a biological one, so you'd better find medical counseling, to see if you're suffering an depression disorder.
FountainOfTruth
Brain chemicals, probably. There are tons of things that can affect your mood, from your eating/exercise habits to changes in the weather. It could be that you were reminded of a bad memory. Whenever this happens to me I sit back and think about what changed in my life recently so I can fix it.