Why do I feel depressed even though I feel like my life has not been giving me much to be depressed about?

Lindsay Simon, LMFT

I work from a holistic perspective to help my clients heal from various mental, emotional, and relationship problems. My style is direct,honest, supportive, and nonjudgmental.

Anonymous
Sometimes it just has to do with weather and changing seasons. It can happen randomly too.. I mean I get that way at times also! I would suggest maybe paying careful attention and see if it fluctuates with different weather (or season if you want to go long term) and work from there :) good luck and stay strong!
Anonymous
This is more common than you might think, feeling depressed doesn't have to mean something in your life is wrong or bad. It can mean anything from you not feeling fulfilled or accomplished to not feeling like you have any part in your own life. To know the exact cause, you have to self-reflect, ask yourself what is this feeling related to. Don't be afraid to go deep or worry if the reason doesn't come to you for awhile, all of us have our issues and our own way of dealing with them but atleast on this site if you need someone to help, there always is.
Anonymous
Depression can happen for many different reasons, but it can also happen spontaneously. No matter the reason, you should consult professionals if you are feeling depressed or have been diagnosed.
PastelRhian
Your mental state doesn’t have to correlate with your current situation, they can run separately and it’s still just as much of an issue.
Anonymous
Maybe there is something in your life that it's missing but you don't know what..It could be feeling and emotions,maybe you are bored because of a routine or so much more.
quietLion4
This question is extremely relatable to me. I have a great family and have had no recent trauma - yet my mental health has seriously taken a dive. There could be many factors, but it is most commonly a chemical imbalance in the brain. You can google this to find out more information.
MattNotSitting
Depression is not your fault, or even necessarily caused by events in your life. Depression is a medical condition that impacts chemical levels in your brain. In other words, it can just happen. For more information, including a more detailed overview of what depression is, check out this link https://www.7cups.com/depression-help-online/
Anonymous
Feeling depressed can be from many things. Alot of the time it cn be just loads of tiny things gathering in one and making an impact on you or it could be just that you are growing up and is part of puberty to feel all kinds of emotions. The important thing to think about is that you are not strange for feeling this way there are plenty of group discussions and chats that have alot of members feeling the same way as you. This will help you gain friends and also talk about your emotions and finding common ground and similarities.