Why do I feel so inferior and worthless and useless all the time?

★ This question about Depression was starred by a moderator on 5/12/2016.

Lindsay Simon, LMFT

I work from a holistic perspective to help my clients heal from various mental, emotional, and relationship problems. My style is direct,honest, supportive, and nonjudgmental.

Anonymous
Maybe you have depression. That sounds like what you have. Try going to a doctor or someone to help you.
FruityloveBubbles11
Reasons why you are feeling inferior, worthless and useless all the time can be for quite a few reasons. That can be triggered by the life that you live, relationships, school, work and etc. It can also depend on if you have depression or not. Usually when I am feeling inferior or worthless or useless is because someone is being a bully and I feel inferior to that bully , person or thing or I have very high almost unrealistic expections and because of that I end up feeling worthless or useless. People can also feel worthless and useless when there are high standards and when they are not met people might tend to bully themselves instead of helping oneself learn and add growth to their personal development You can talk with me or other listeners anytime and we can talk about those feelings. Or you can also look on the self guides which are really helpful. Or also we can go through them together. Remember thoughts are thoughts and words are words. Though are not us. For example "I am failure." Instead perceive it this way "I am having a thought about being a failure" But I am not a failure I am just having a thought that I am. When you allow yourself to see thoughts in this way we allow ourselves to realize thoughts are just thoughts. You can learn more by clicking self guides in your My path tab and going to the Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Act) self guide. Take care
Anonymous
Those sound like symptoms of low self esteem which can be caused by many factors. Sometimes, these feelings we generate ourselves and start to believe them. Other times, outside influences such as the media or other peoples opinions can cause these feelings to arise and almost become set in stone in our heads. It's important to reach out for help before this happens.
heavenlyWinter
Because i dont have the courage to do the things that i personaly know that will make me feel proud of myself.
Anonymous
You might feel this way because you're under pressure and want to be the best version of yourself. It may be hard right now, but it will get easy. Try to find some motivation,
Anonymous
You are the best the way you are you are unique in your own way you aren't alone , there is someone out there loving you and caring about you who wants to see your smile ,so believe in your self
SuperAdvice2000
Everything depends on you. Think better about you and you'll become better, (personal experince). But please do not believe you are inferior because you are not
RealEmpathy
No one is inferior, worthless, or useless. We all have intrinsic value for being on this planet, for being alive, for life. We adapt to dysfunctional relationships and the behaviours of others, and learn to be insecure about our intrinsic worth. Trust that this journey is always changing, and that a bad day or week or month or year will not last forever. Be grateful for the little things, and start to learn to love yourself.
calmListener21
It is only because you have accepted that image of yourself in your mind. Try believing in yourself and you will change those feelings automatically.
clh2os
Often, people feel inferior because they value themselves based on the validation of others. Seeking validation in the eyes of other people can leave you vulnerable. Discover what traits make you proud to be you. Are you empathetic, caring, crafty, intelligent? Learn to value you based on your own heart and love, not through the clouded lens of others.
dramatisierte
January 2nd, 2016 7:58pm
i don't know why u feel so. But you aren't worthless and useless, i swear !! ♥ you are worth anything and not useless!
patientWaves84
*try to help any one "it will provide a very good satisafaction" examples: 1.give a homless a water or a sandawich 2.help an elder man to cross the street 3. try helping someone to carry a heavy bag *make a list of activites that you want to avoid *make a list of activities you need to do *Have a sponser to help you track your progress
awesomeRainfall75
Inferiority comes from comparison. You are constantly scanning the environment and measuring "I am worth less than mr x, I am worth more than mr y" etc. If it's any consolation it's not any more fun when you are looking around thinking you're better than everyone "superiority complex". It stems from the same place of needing to be better. I would look into self esteem building and mindfulness/meditation to be more present and accept yourself as you are, when you accept yourself you no longer care if you are better or worse than the next person, it is very liberating.
Kirstyyy18
I usually feel this way when I try and talk to people but they either don't hear me or it feels like they're ignoring me. However most of the time it has nothing to do with how others view me because 9/10 they don't even realise they have made me feel this way. It can't make me inferior or worthless, it just simply means that I'm not in the rhythm of their conversation or I didn't speak loud enough or interesting enough. It has nothing to do with my self worth because no matter what, I am always worthy and every one is equal so how can anyone be inferior?
Anonymous
You may feel this way because of the way you have been treated in the past. A pattern has been set in your mind and you have to break it. Do things to help yourself. Acknowledge your accomplishments, Practice talking positively about yourself - out loud, give back to your community or friends and family by doing things for others - you'll feel good about it, write down things your grateful for - try to do that every day to remind you of the positive parts in your life. You can recondition yourself. You can break this cycle
Anonymous
January 22nd, 2016 12:28am
You feel this way because you have negative thoughts. Try looking around and naming something beautiful, whether it be something in nature or something around the house. When you look in a mirror, say something positive about yourself. Also, think about the people in your life. If someone in your life is negative, maybe it's best to either talk to that person about the things that you have a problem with or to get them out of your life completely.
Harvey4you91
There is no such thing as worthless and useless, every single one uf us has gifts and we must make use of our gifts as intended.
LivingTheDream294
Many events and thoughts can trigger these feelings. Your feelings may be linked to something more serious, such as Depression or even Bipolar disorder. Seek help if you feel like these feelings are getting worse. Talk to a counselor, visit a therapist, talk to a friend/adult, or use self-helping means to get over your feelings, such as giving yourself compliments in the mirror, dancing, singing, etc. No one should feel this way. Ever.
PoeticDesolation
It's possible you have people in your life who are bringing you down. I struggle with my idea of self-worth and it isn't easy but having people who make you feel important definitely help.
Turret
If you feel inferior and worthless and useless, it may be because you don't see just how valuable you are to me and everyone else on this website. It can be difficult to find self-esteem, but we believe in you, and no matter what, we will support you on your journey to believe in yourself!
Anonymous
You could possibly be suffering from Depression and Anxiety, its quite common to feel this way when you are feeling down, sometimes you may just want to separate yourself from people or to not want to do anything. To make yourself feel better but it actually makes it worse, avoiding the problems rather than deal with them. They are all linked together in a vicious circle. You have to challenge the negative thoughts and get active, do stuff about them to get rid of them! (Personal experience!)
nrigaud
It's possible you had a bad experience in your childhood. Maybe you were bullied, or you may simply have depression. It would probably be a good idea to see a psychologist.
Lauryn22
It can be down to how you view yourself. If your thoughts towards yourself are negative ones such as "I'm not as good as other people" and "I'm useless" it can lead you to believing them which can give you low self esteem and a negative view of yourself. These thoughts are not true because thoughts are different to facts, but thinking them for long enough can make them seem like facts, making you feel like you actually are inferior and useless. These thoughts can be changed, which can lead to a more positive view and self esteem
Anonymous
Because everything i do is a contradiction of something I said, or vice versa. Because my brain's so messy I've given up trying to understand myself.
Kharnie
Because you compared yourself to others, Value in one's worth or usefulness is infinite if you don't
Anonymous
this could be because of depression you may want to see a doctor it could also be because you are thinking in all or nothing terms
arthurka
January 2nd, 2016 9:40pm
This can be a symptom of many mental illnesses and it can be a result of abusive and mistreatment in your life and with enough help you can find a way to get past this side affect.
caringIceCream67
Well, this might be related to your thought patterns... the way you see things makes you inferior, now you can support yourself by changing this... you can start to appreciate yourself for the simple achievements in your life and slowly you gain love for yourself.
Lotus48
usually when things are not in your favor, or if something hasn't quite gone your way can sometimes make you feel worthless and inferior.
Reid3020
I'm not sure, only you know that. There must be something going on to make you feel like you are that - but I am sure you aren't.