Why do I feel so inferior and worthless and useless all the time?

★ This question about Depression was starred by a moderator on 5/12/2016.

Lindsay Simon, LMFT

I work from a holistic perspective to help my clients heal from various mental, emotional, and relationship problems. My style is direct,honest, supportive, and nonjudgmental.

Piercingtheveil
No one is worthless! Say all you want,but your not! No one is!! Why do you feel worthless?
Truckerwife08
Depression can make you feel inferior and worthless. It makes you feel like theres a dark cloud hanging over your head
Charvisioku
I can't speak for everyone but these sound like symptoms of clinical depression. If you feel this way on a regular basis I would strongly recommend seeing your GP to determine whether you need professional support of some sort. Never try to struggle through these things alone, there is always somebody who'll care and want to see you feeling better. It also helps to come on here and talk through those feelings - nobody is worthless and you should never ever feel like you are.
Anonymous
Just focus on good thing and good will happen to you
TeaMaster1
People tend to feel inferior/worthless/useless/etc. when they compare themselves to others too much. Comparing yourself to other people will result in lack of self esteem, believing that you are never good enough and will never be like the people you compare yourself to. This can be fixed by realizing that you are just fine the way you are, and worth just as much as everybody else.
Anonymous
I think everyone encounters times in their lives when they feel this way. I used to be bullied and I would think this way too. I don't think you're inferior, worthless, or useless. When I would feel this way, I would write down things about myself that I liked. If you want, you could do this and even ask family members or friends what they love about you. :) Stay strong!
heavenlyEagle22
In my personal experience i believe feeling worthless and useless is a choice, you dont have to feel that way because you can improve yourself and see that you are satisfied with yourself. I mean we are all human beings with emotions but its often up to us how we feel, because we are in control of our minds and yes at times we cant help but feel sad but its also out decision to get out of that pity party and continue to go about life and try finding happiness. Once you know your self worth no one can prove you wrong about who you are or what you are. Knowing your self worth is most important.
Anonymous
You have low-self esteem. You are not worthless and useless, you are a great person with goals and ambitions. You may be depressed or have a different psychological disorder that makes you feel this way. You should contact a local psychiatrist that will be able to help you further.
Anonymous
August 23rd, 2015 2:52am
Because you were taught to feel this way. We, as a generation, are taught that conformity is the key to success. When you aren't the same as everyone else, you can feel inferior to them. The day you learn that you have your own personal strengths is the day you overcome your weaknesses.
Anonymous
Nobody can really answer this question except for you. I'm really sorry you feel that way. Sometimes, problems inside your home - family problems, etc. - can be a huge contribution to feeling this way. Other reasons could be getting bullied, or feeling like you have no one to talk to. Here at 7 Cups, however, you can get help whenever you'd like. You can browse our Listeners or put out a General Request to all Listeners.
Anonymous
I can't know why, but it sounds like you have a low self esteem.. That can be from being bullied, abused or just having to go through a difficult time in life..
Anonymous
You are not worthless or useless. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good, love you for you. We all have bad dys.You are important. :)
CarcinoArison16
there can be a lot of reasons for these feelings, but what's important is that you don't let them rule your life you are a unique and amazing human being don't forget that :)
Gentlereminder
Because we are our own worst critics. Happiness is a choice we have to make on our own. Learn to forgive yourself.
7CupsOfEspresso
Sometimes our brains perceive things as much worse than they really are. When only a one or two people are busy or have plans, we may feel that no one wants to be around us, when in fact, this is most likely not the case. There are many people that love us and want to be around and do things with us, we just might only be focusing on the two who are busy at that moment.
CHETAN
You feel inferior because you compare yourself with others. When you were born you came here alone and when you will die, it won’t even matter. You have different parents then rest of us. You have different challenges. You have different strengths and weaknesses. You are unique. So, how can you be inferior? Life is a journey not a rat race. Just listen to the little voice inside of you and keep following that. It will lead you from feeling useless to a place where you will find your true purpose.
Anonymous
It's probably a social thing. From my experience (and I'm not sure if this will 100% relate), I found my self always comparing myself to others and confused success,usefulness, and popularity all into one giant mess. One thing that help me was going out of my way to get things done. I went and got myself certified in nearly 50 different fields using free online resources. Afterwards, I wrote down everything I though I was good at or was a master at and what I was bad or terrible at. I call it a CLSR or a Current Life Skill Review. When I noticed that I was good at a lot more things that I thought I was bad at, It cheered me up. Hope this help, SM
exquisiteCandy28
you are not usless you are worth somthing anything there is always a purpose for life i have been through the same experience and i promise things will get better i used to thing my life had no meaning and that i was wothless andi promise you are a shining star
Anonymous
It is common for us to use negative self-talk. Sometimes we are our biggest critic. It is a difficult pattern to break out of.
kianaranae0
Your brain and body is going through a change. You are putting yourself through things that aren't healthy.
wonderfullLight99
Because you compare your life with others. Stop comparing & living other's life. The day you stop comparing with others you would rise & shine. You are unique. You are beautifull. You are Blessed.
cianbrennan
Simple, because you're comparing yourself to other people. Stop doing that. It's extremely unhealthy.
Anonymous
Maybe because you have a very low self esteem. There are a lot of techniques which can inprove self esteem, even if at first they may seem useless
Happyness7
You might be going through tough times and so your mind messes with you, making you believe all these things that are not true.
Anonymous
Noone is worthless or useless. It seems you are highly stressed out.Just relax for some time and do what you are best at.Iam sure your view about yourself will change automatically.
Anonymous
You don't know your own strength just be confidident and dont care just do you and try something to get your mind off of it.
wonderfulPanda76
You could feel this way due to the way that other people are treating you or even due to the way you treat or think of yourself. Think about your self confidence and think about how much you put yourself down or compare yourself to others. Just try to remember that no matter how badly you view yourself, people will think you are 15x better!
WindMelody
Maybe you feel like that cause you think so. But people around I, trust me, don't think it. Maybe you got no faith in yourself, but I bet others have.
calmHeart16
We feel so inferior worthless and useless all the time because we tend to compare our self with others. We shouldn't compete with others instead we should compete with our self and challenge our self to be better than who we were yesterday. Remember each one of us is unique in our own way so dont compare.
Niamhgivescuddles
There are always going to be things in life that can make you feel negative feelings, but you have to protect yourself for you before anyone else