Why do I find myself over analyzing every single situation in my life?

Jill Kapil, PsyD

I have experience working in University College counseling centers, and am passionate about working with young adults. My work with clients is collaborative and supportive.

Anonymous
Because you're worried, you need to list every possible situation to get a peace of mind, but it backfires and makes you uneasy. And because you need an answer to every question you've got
Lebanese
February 1st, 2015 9:18pm
Self reflection is a very normal thing to do. The trick is not to overdo it. Analyzing yourself, and thinking about the things you do and how to improve them is a very important thing, one that drives us forward, towards the better. But sometimes, we over do it, and the reason behind that is that we feel anxious about being liked and accepted by those around us. We reach a point in out thoughts where we're afraid of being alone, and that's very normal. Therefore, we overdo introspection.
empathicMermaid
The most important reason is that you have plenty of time. Be more active. Practice mindfulness. Keep yourself busy. Overanalyzing can lead to guilty feelings or self criticism.
Anonymous
I'm a happy person, that will talk with people they've problems with it. If you have a question about your life, you can talk with me
CielIsMe
You find yourself over analyzing everything because your life matters to you. The things around you and their outcomes mean a lot to you. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. You just have to remember that things happen sometimes without a completely understandable reason and while this is hard to accept it will not change. It is hard to get used to, but it will be okay. Deep breaths, buckle up, and try to enjoy the ride a little more.
TheOneYouAreLooking4
We commonly over analyze situations due to do not have enough control of our emotions and anxiety. To get in control of it, a great start is be focused on yourself, be confident and put your focus and energe in one thing at the time, live one day at the time, on step at the time. But also remember that changes takes time and you will have to repeat it as long as you need until you get the control.
Anonymous
I think people often over analyze things, I often do this myself but it does help as you end up understanding the situation better.
Tuscany
Anxiety can really take over our mind, heart, and soul. We have to consciously step back and think, "Do I need to think about this right now?" "Can I do anything about this right now?" If you can't do anything about it at the moment, then it may be best to get your mind off the subject at hand for a bit. :)
This could be because you are paranoid of the outcome that you are going to get out of that situation.
caringHeart20
i find myself over analyzing every situation in my life because I don't want to regret anything that I'll be doing.
Anonymous
You're either trying to find a solution to your current problem or a problem as you may have too much time free.
Anonymous
Because you worry about every situation in life and overanalyzing is a way for you to find what about this situation is making you feel worried about it.