Why do I want depression to come back?

Lianne Kirby, MA in Counselling Psychology

I believe everyone should have the opportunity for their voice to be heard. I use a trauma informed, person centred approach in counselling.

wildghostmemories
It sounds like that would be a really confusing thing to wonder. For some people, their depression is like a heavy blanket that they are used to carrying and it can be scary and first living without that weight. Maybe you are used to the feeling of being depressed, and if you can get used to that uncomfortable and often horrible feeling you can get used to positive ones too. It sounds like you are missing being depressed and I would be curious what parts of it you are missing? If it's about self-care or community support you are deserving of that regardless of how you feel.
Anonymous
Maybe you've become accustomed to having it for a long time now, and without it, it makes you feel uncomfortable and strange as if a part of you isn't there. It's mostly due to feeling it for so long, you feel attached to it.
thoughtfulSoul82
Possibly because it's a kind of excuse for your behavior. It could also be the attention and pity you recieved because of it.