Why my best friend accidentally triggers my depression and anxiety, even though she didn't do anything? I get triggered just by thinking about her, or seeing her, why..?

Danielle Johnson, MSED, Community mental Health Counseling, LMHC

Sometime situations and feelings can be so strong that we struggle to function. You are not alone! My practice is flexible and open-minded and tailored to your personal needs.

faithlove1111
First of all, it's good that you have an understanding that your friend is only triggering your depression and anxiety and not directly causing it. It is good that you are able to differentiate this. With this understanding , you can work on identifying your friend's actions , behaviours or even speech which triggers you off. From there , you can retrace why,how, when these triggers sets you off. When you settle your old unresolved issues then you can reboot your old thought pattern. Look at your friend as who she or he is. This friend is not similar to someone in your past. Avoid labeling, grouping or categorizing your friend with people you have met and left a negative impact on you. Be aware of your perception.
sillyseraph002
while i cannot tell you how to live your life or what goes through your own head, i can say that this might be something to work on with a therapist