How can I change my thinking from being so negative about my addiction, and empower myself?

Dorothy Paige, MS Psychology

I believe that any issue that prevents one from living life to the fullest or prevents self love is defeating. I am committed to providing support to anyone who seeks help.

LilyFlowers
May 3rd, 2015 5:27am
You can change your thinking by changing your perspective. Addictions are there to serve a purpose, they are meeting a need you have. When you find something else to meet that need, the addiction falls away. Your body is just trying to meet your needs, it just can't tell good from bad.
Barnloft
Acknowledging that addiction does't just have an off switch and that it requires a lot of bravery, and resilience to recognize you want to make a difference and are actively doing so.
KickBoxer1967
I could think about something i can look forward to in the near future or in the weekends. I could also talk to someone how i am feeling
AngelStarnes97
Addiction is part of you. You can't think of it as some monster trying to get you. It's a part of yourself that you can overcome.
Anonymous
Rather than a flaw or a weakness, try to think about your addiction as an obstacle or something to overcome.
You could try seeking help through a therapist or counselor. Not everyone is the same, there is no one answer fits all. Good luck to you.
You should consider a support group to help you work through your addiction or a professional counselor