How do you cope with losing a friend?

Theresa Gulliver, Master Therapeutic Counsellor

Problems cannot be solved using the same level of thinking that created them. We must try something different. Gently, we turn your challenges into opportunities for healing.

CalamityLikesPie
Coming from experience (I lost the closest friend to me in my life, and I was a WRECK). The best thing is to distract yourself: Read, listen to music, sing, dance, do something to keep your mind off of it. Now I'm not saying this will "work" right away, it might not. It's normal to grieve and such. I can say this however; Time, Support, Distractions, Emotional release, etc. all will help to overcome and to atleast accept that you have to move on.
RoseIeroWay
The only real answer I can give is time: Time heals all wounds. Cliche, I know, but in my personal experience, I have found that time was the only thing that helped. It still hurts, but not as badly.
butterflykisses27
It depends on losing a friend as in the friendship ends or in as the friend passes away. The grieving process is different for both these situations.
Anonymous
Acknowledge your feelings about losing your friend. It won't be easy to cope but know that eventually it is going to get easier.
Always remember that he/she is in a better place. And he/she will want to see you happy and moving on no matter what.