How do you cope with losing a friend?

Theresa Gulliver, Registered Clinical Counsellor

Problems cannot be solved using the same level of thinking that created them. We must try something different. Gently, we turn your challenges into opportunities for healing.

CalamityLikesPie
Coming from experience (I lost the closest friend to me in my life, and I was a WRECK). The best thing is to distract yourself: Read, listen to music, sing, dance, do something to keep your mind off of it. Now I'm not saying this will "work" right away, it might not. It's normal to grieve and such. I can say this however; Time, Support, Distractions, Emotional release, etc. all will help to overcome and to atleast accept that you have to move on.
RoseIeroWay
The only real answer I can give is time: Time heals all wounds. Cliche, I know, but in my personal experience, I have found that time was the only thing that helped. It still hurts, but not as badly.
butterflykisses27
It depends on losing a friend as in the friendship ends or in as the friend passes away. The grieving process is different for both these situations.
Anonymous
Acknowledge your feelings about losing your friend. It won't be easy to cope but know that eventually it is going to get easier.
Always remember that he/she is in a better place. And he/she will want to see you happy and moving on no matter what.
CalmLikeWater
To lose a friend is not something easy, for you call a person a friend who has touched touched you. Someone you are willing to share your brightest and darkest times with. We know many people throughout time the but the ironic fact is friends 'True friends' are few. If I were to lose my friend I'd say to myself today I've lost a small part of myself. Friendship is rare in todays era so learn to value it but more or learn to find someone being a friend. For your tears are meant for only those who are true.
Trex111
Acknowledge your pain first know that your grief is normal, Any loss can cause lingering pain, but the loss of a best friend can be particularly difficult to bear, They’ve existed in your life for so long, you can’t imagine any other reality. “Best friends forever,” you might have promised. A world without them might seem completely altered, even impossible to navigate alone. Whether your friend died or the two of you no longer talk due to personal differences, you’ve experienced a major loss. It’s only normal to feel grief. Your grief might be complicated by the fact that society doesn’t always acknowledge the significance of friendships in the way it does romantic relationships or familial bonds