I am depressed due to very serious physical health problems. I really need cheering up. Can someone give me advice on how to cope with being very ill?

Jessica McDaniel, LPC

I have been practicing cognitive behavioral psychotherapy since 2005 with a diverse group of clients, all ages, races, and socioeconomic classes.

AffyAvo
While health issues can really drag you down, It can help to find some joy in little things. Some things that you could try: call a friend and have a laugh while reminiscing, if there is an activity you used to do that you can still participate in focus on that for a bit, find some new things to do where your symptoms do not interfere, explore music that's new to you. If you can't find any happiness in your life after giving yourself some time to adjust to living with your illness you may need some professional help as well.