Is it normal if I feel numb, no emotions at all and that frustration of numbness keeps on building up to a limit that it becomes impossible to bear?

Cassandra Coleman-Heppler, LCSW, LICSW

I believe that problems are separate from the person having them and that our own stories and how we look at our own stories directly influences how we perceive those problems

Anonymous
No, emotional numbness is a symptom of depression, so you might want to seek professional help. Numbing your emotions is your body's way of protecting you from any more pain. Laughter is the best medicine.
Aisabel
A lot of people feel the same way. Not feeling emotions or feeling numb is normal. When it's unbearable, you might want to seek help.
Timeless22
Are you truly numb if you can still feel frustration? I think emotional desensitivity occurs for a reason. In my case it was because the emotion I felt lead me to depression, so the only way to solve it was to remove that emotion from my life. It made me feel empty, but it worked, and seeing as it was a negative emotion, I don't exactly need it to function normally. But I suppose that doesn't really answer the question. No it's not normal to feel numb, but I believe it is normal for humans to react in extraordinary ways, in order to survive.
Not everyone is the same. Everyone is different. If you are feeling like you are having difficulty with your emotions and feelings, perhaps you can speak with a counselor or therapist who can help.
olimaar
That means that you feel overwhelmed by something. Think about your situation and try to find away to feel better.
jakfullofwandering
It's certainly not normal, but it's not unheard of. I'm not a licensed professional, but it seems that you are experiencing depression symptoms.
If you are frustrated you are not numb. However it might be helpful to seek professional help and find out why you feel this away about how you feel.