Is it worse if your traumatic experience took place in early childhood ?

Andrea McDonald, MSW, LICSW

It is important to know that you are not alone, life can be difficult I am here to help you navigate and resolve issues that can feel overwhelming.

TheJackOfAllTrades
I believe so. Childhood trauma can sometimes stay buried and unconsciously effect your behaviour the rest of your life.
AngelinWonderland
Generally labeling traumatic experiences dehumanizes the experience. Every person's experience is different and effects them differently. Some people don't remember childhood traumas while others do. It always depends on the individual.
TheCreator
I think so. My traumatic exp took place in early childhood. I grew up with a ruined common sense. I had a hard time figuring out the wrong from the right. Also since it was in early childhood, I had no childhood.
wonderfulIcicle35
A traumatic experience is traumatic at any stage in a persons life, talking about this, working through this , coming to terms with this is vital. If you keep is event inside for years, when do let this out it is better done in a controlled environment. Flash backs , can make you relive event sometimes for the first time, need expert help to deal with these.
Everyone is different. Nobody is the same or experiences the same feelings or emotions. If you have experienced a traumatic event or no somebody who has, perhaps you can speak to someone you trust or talk with a counselor or therapist.
Anonymous
Traumatic experience in childhood can interrupt our development and as children we are far less able to process the traumatic experience but it depends on the help and support offered and received, it is possible to recover from and learn to process it differently so it doesn't have such a large impact on our lives.
Anonymous
When I was 7 My father killed himself from PTSD, Now I have volunteered for the army, I will serve my country as he has served.