What's the best way to stop thinking about my experience?

Sandra Butler, AOD, DV counselor

Drug & Alcohol Counselor

Experienced in understanding how emotions and feelings affect our lifes in every aspect of interacting, not just with others, but how we process those emotions. I can help you

AbbieAlexis
The best way to stop thinking about certain experience is to concentrate on the good things in your life.
Hailey1994
Find a positive and constructive outlet. Hobbies, athletics, and recreational activities provide a helpful and positive distraction. Some may even promote a passion and allow you feel fulfillment in something that is just for you.
Anonymous
By exercising, staying busy, having a routine, and thing about the present moment you are in. Staying positive.
AutumnLeigh
Distraction is the best way to stop thinking about a disturbing experience. Focusing on anything that keeps the hands and the mind busy helps me forget about a bad experience. Personally, helping others on this site is especially helpful in handling my own experiences! :)
Its hard to say depending on what the situation is? If it is something that is controlling your life or bothering you on a daily basis, perhaps seeking advice from a loved one or trusted person, counselor or therapist can help.
Anonymous
Talk to someone. A trusted friend or family member. Also, if the experience is really affecting you go to a counsellor and/or psychologist/therapist.
Anonymous
One of the best ways that I know of is to try to distract yourself with other things. Try doing more of what you like to do. If you have any hobbies , these would be a great help to you in situations like this. Also , going out with your friends and family and just really having some fun can help tremendously. Just try having some fun.
TheCup5893
I don't know what experience this is. But I've come to learn that making peace with my past helps. And of course, time is a great healer. Because time brings more life experiences that take us furthest from where we used to be. I'm so sorry for whatever happened. :(
Domothedinocx
Find things that make you happy and "forget everything". Find things that make you live in the moment.