How can I stop thinking about the traumatic experience?

Theresa Gulliver, Master Therapeutic Counsellor

Problems cannot be solved using the same level of thinking that created them. We must try something different. Gently, we turn your challenges into opportunities for healing.

Anonymous
Find things that you enjoy doing, and focus on that! In my case, I love art so I have thrown all my emotions from my traumatic experiences into my artwork. Some of the most beautiful things come from traumatic experiences.
Anonymous
It's not about not thinking about it. It's about working through the scars it left you with. Some years ago a car accident left me crippled, for a long time after I was afraid to drive or be a passenger in a vehicle until I realized that I wasn't afraid of the car, or the drivers on the road. I was afraid of going through it all again and losing what mobility I had left, losing more people that were close to me. Focus on the trauma being a part of you and the rest will come.
MissMaryMack
There's a lot of things you can do. As I have dealt with many traumatic experiences, I tend to want to express myself. If you have a hobby or something you're good at, you may use that as a distraction. If not, you can talk to your friends and family, or just listen to music. Silence your demons, fight them with positive thoughts. Hold on.
If you have suffered a traumatic experience, perhaps you should talk with a trusted healthcare provider, counselor or therapist to help you with your feelings.
PeacefulPride182
August 22nd, 2016 2:56pm
The past helps you become you are, but I understand how traumatic events have a long-lasting effect.