My father in law hit my mother in law in front of my husband (their son) and I. Everyone has forgiven my father in law (the mother, my husband) but I haven't. Am I being too tough?

Cassandra Whitfield, LCSW

Social Worker

I work to help people reconnect with their inner strength and sense of hope by providing practical tools and support in a nonjudgmental and integrative approach.

PhoenixAsh
I can imagine that would've been really upsetting to witness, and it must be tough to see people forgiving your father in law for such an action. If you don't feel ready to forgive him, that's okay - it might take time, it might never happen - follow what feels comfortable for you. Perhaps you could speak to your husband about what you've been feeling about the situation and he might be able to work through your feelings with you.
DelicateButterfly78
Absolutely not! No one should have to deal with being physically assaulted. That is telling you husband it is okay to hit you, which is wrong. Don't worry about being too tough because you're not being too tough.