What can I do so that my past doesn't affect my future? How can I accept it and move on?

Tara Davis, Doctorate in Counselling Psychology

I have worked successfully with a wide range of difficulties. Nothing is more important than developing a warm, compassionate relationship with someone you can trust

Anonymous
The past is the past and unfortunately we cannot change it as much as we would like to. Once you accept that then you can slowly move on. Time heals all and will help with that transition. Set goals for the future to be hopeful of east is to come. This will keep you focused on what's aheaf.
Anonymous
accept the pain, heal yourself with time, takes time but still trust me you will get over with if you currently focus on yourself in the present ...
Anonymous
If you are willing to accept this as the past, it sounds as though you are already on the journey. IMHO our pasts do impact our direction and approach to life. That said, I have found that the further away we are from the events/situation, the more we can balance these off with the positive aspects of the life that we have chosen to live.
MonkeyPineMarten
It can be very difficult to accept the past and move on, and it is different for everybody. A very helpful thing is forgiveness, both for others and yourself.
Anonymous
You can think about it everyday and then move on, thinking about something that hurts yo will make you reliable of good decisions too
pantheist24
past is in past, learn from it but don't lean on it. comparison kills the joy. we et one life, make most of it. :D
The past cannot be changed but the future is wide open. Investing a lot of energy in what cannot be changed takes away from your ability to create a great future.