When I get mad I hit my boyfriend. I need help on fixing this. My anger has got the best of me I need help ?

Jennifer Boyea, LMFT

Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist passionate about the mind, body and soul connection. Strength based approach using Solution Focused, CBT and DBT interventions

Anonymous - Expert in Domestic Violence
Yes, you definitely need help to manage your emotions. Domestic violence should not be accepted whether the victim is a man or a woman. Professional help might be necessary as your anger is without a doubt damaging this relationship. Your boyfriend is in this relationship because he loves you, not to be beaten by you. If you don't have enough money for a therapist or a counselor, then you can make use of your internet for really good and informative resources. These might help you to cope with this problem. Simply go online and type "how to cope with anger." Wikihow has really good tips. Additionally, you're in the right place, 7cups. We are a community of good listeners who would always be here to listen and support you.