How can I control my eating when I have impulse control issues?

Jannise McKamey-Bruell, LAPC

I am a nonjudgmental counselor that employs transparency, trust, honesty and integrity in her practice and in the therapeutic relationship.

peacefulforever333
An eating disorder deals with many control issues. Either eating less where they get a sense of control over their life. overeating where they treat themselves for emotional comfort. Binge eating is associated changes in mood, which help to get the persons mind off adverse event. Over evaluating shape and weight, how you view your appearance, which leads to unhelpful behaviours. Dietary restraint some concerns that does not allow the person to eat. those are a few types where impulse issues occur, and Impulses can't be controlled. As I read there are several ways, routines, exercises to deal with such issue. But for starters I thought one way to deal is with 3 ways. first : monitor yourself...Recording what you eat and weigh your self each week. Second: regular eating...Eating 3 meals and two snacks ( underweight). And eating every four hours... no more than that. Third: writing SMART goals. those three exercises well get a person with impulse started on the track to control their eating habits.
Anonymous
November 21st, 2019 9:10pm
You can try and substitute something else for food. If there is something else you enjoy you can try to replace it with eating. This may take time, but I believe in you. You can do anything you put your mind to. You can eventually try to replace this habit with exercising, yoga, or something beneficial. Your problem may be related to a internal or external conflict. Try to find something to do that's beneficial. You may even find guidance by doing an self reflection. I encourage you to do something today be the best version of you.
heavenEars4852
Sometimes planning out meals from start to finish can help with impulse control. Plan out what food you will eat during the day and set them aside in your refrigerator. It’s important to try o eat healthy ! Write them down so you can stay on track. Then plan out when you will eat your meals. A good schedule for eating is making sure you get nourishment every three hours. It is also worth trying to figure out why you are leaning on eating as a coping mechanism. Are you trying to escape from something or hide some feelings?
Anonymous
When it comes to eating disorders, you have to be very careful. There are 2 types of eating disorders: 1. eating little to nothing at all, 2. or eating to much. Both are equally dangerous for the body, and if you notice sings of either progressing, you should seek professional help immediately. Controlling your eating, is an important part. Try to have at least 3 meals a day, 1 hot one and 2 cold ones. Make sure they are healthy and give you the nutritions your body needs. T