How do I show my friends and family that I do want to get better?

Spain

Temi Coker, MSC, MA, Dip.Cons

With over ten years experience, I offer a safe and confidential environment  for you to collect your thoughts, worries & life problems with no judgement or assumptions.    

Alisa112
To show the important people in my life that I want to get better, I usually try to be positive in my daily activities. I Take all my meds and go to therapy as needed. I keep communication open with my loved ones and we take it from there.
ArtChoosestheArtist
I find that concentrating on changing myself for me has shown my family that better than anything I ever tried to do for them. When I started focusing on getting better for myself, I actually started to get better, and my friends and family saw that and were happy for me.
CarolineFreedom
You should apologize them, in the first place. Leave all the things you're planning for yourself yet, because we're all humans and we can mess it up sometimes. It also kinda matters about what you've been doing in the past. :) apologize to them and take the apologize seriously. Try to act nice to them, talk to them, care about them, help them. Try to not fight with them over some things you really don't have to. Say what you think of course, just be assertive. :) I'm sure they'll try to mske it easier for you
awesomeHope
At the end of the day, your friends and family don't matter as much as you taking care of you. And as you put yourself first by working towards getting better, you show your courage and perseverance to your friends and family.
CoffeeTeaAndHonesty
Perhaps the most expected answer to this question would be: "Actions speak louder than words," although I find this ideology difficult to apply when one is trying to get to a better place mentally first. Oftentimes one's actions may not be visible enough to the eyes of an outsider. For instance, a person recovering from depression may actually make it out of the door after having spent days locked up in miserable solitude, but this may go unnoticed as an act that says, "I'm trying." It is for reasons such as these that I believe in order to communicate the message "I want to get better" to friends and family, it must be outright stated, and then the actions may follow.
meggy17
Give them solid proof that you are getting better, do something which shows the start to a new path.
beYOUtiful365
Have you told them and expressed your feelings? It is always best to be open about your thoughts. Start showing, physically, that you are able to recover. What matters the most is that YOU know that yourself is able to get through your struggles.
DancingMasha
That is a great question! I think that it's important to first explain them what you're struggling with. Have a seat with them and take your time. Don't only tell them about your struggles but also tell them what you wan't to improve. It can also be an idea to tell your friend and/or family what you're doing to get better, if you're keeping a diary, tell them, going to therapy, tell them. It's important to be open with them. Mental Illness is hard to understand but if you try to explain what's going on it will also be easier for your friends and family.
gracefulPalm90
Family and friend can be a great source of support but sometimes getting beyond different opinions is tough. It is unhealthy to constantly be a state of proving something to another when all we really have to do is be ourselves. The best way that we can show improvement is the 'BE' improvement and live within our new selves. People will soon understand that getting better is something that we really want to do