How do I stop thinking about calories?

Alison Humphreys, LCPC

During the therapeutic process, individuals will learn to manage transitions, overcome obstacles and work towards their full potential .

Anonymous
Don't think about calories. Thinking about calories can be scary, but rather than thinking about calories, you should think about your health? Ask your self, "Am I eating healthy?" What can you do to eat healthy and eat the right foods. Counting calories is definitely not a healthful way of losing weight, it is actually worse.
EverlastingLove96
February 1st, 2015 7:31pm
You have to realize that everything has calories in it. No matter how little, there are calories there. The important thing is that you have a balance in what you eat. Its about the actual food not the number.
Anonymous
The best way to do it is by drinking water 2 glasses before and after consuming food. The point is that water boosts up metabolism and satisfies starvation temporarily.
Anonymous
By visualizing raw vegetables and fruits. Imagine that every food has a life and growing and we should be thankful what we have before us instead of worrying about numbers. Once you close your eyes and really taste fresh food and enjoy the true meaning of eating, I think it might help get past worrying.
asktheadolescent
This is an extremely difficult question to answer, however, my answer is time. It gets easier with time. Initially, for me, I had to allow myself to eat what I wanted WITHIN REASON. Make sure you don't go crazy and eat horrible food that you will feel bad about, but STOP calorie restricting. Eat as much as you want but of NUTRIENT rich food that will fuel your body and make you feel good.
Anonymous
Personally, I stopped focusing on calories by realizing that my weight was an issue, yes, but because it was severely underweight. Once I realized this was unhealthy, and that thinking about calories in everything I ate was fueling the problem, I pushed myself to stop. Yes, I still look at the nutrition labels, but I don't worry about calories as much anymore, and don't log them like I used to.
setmefreeletmebe
Every body is beautiful. It's really hard to stop thinking about calories but just try it. Eat what you want!
animalShiny52
In my case it helped to let somone who knows what he's talking about decide what I have to eat. I knew it is enough, but not too much so my weigh would raise too fast.