What is the best way to learn and practice self love in order to heal?

Halayma Khatun, M.A Theology(U.K, UAE), Diploma With Distinction in Counseling

Compassionate, patient, experienced depression counselor. I use Psychodynamic counseling techniques. My counseling experience is +8 years, I counsel women.

Anonymous
Treat yourself right. Eat a cookie, buy that shirt. Do things you love and every day, stand in front of a mirror and name at least 3 things you like about yourself, and write them down
dyed
Tell yourself that you're better than whatever's stopping you from feeling otherwise. As people, we feel negative towards ourselves and are quick to make negative comments about what we do. Instead of telling yourself that you don't deserve something, for example, tell yourself that you deserve it because you're you and who you are is amazing and you're perfect in your own ways - just how everyone else is perfect in their own ways.
Anonymous
The most challenging part is to start to accept that everyone has flaws, including yourself. When that is accomplished (that'll may take it's time) you can even us and work with those, if you don't want or can't change them, to help achieve being whatever person you aspire to be.
colourfulFlute75
Personally, I read a lot of books about self-care because I really didn't have the first clue. I learned quickly that self care didn't have to be elaborate, it just had to be small acts of kindness to myself. Doing self care helps me to better love and appreciate myself. Get a book, such as The Women's Comfort Book, and flip through the pages. Another good author is SARK.
Anonymous
Write down your qualities,the things you are the best at.That way you can proove yourself you are better than you think.
I believe in rewarding yourself ever once in a while. Do something to pamper yourself so that you feel loved and taken care of by yourself.
beYOUtiful365
My way of giving myself love is writing positive affirmations. Watch day I read a possessive quote and then on an index card, I right one and set a goal for myself. All the index cards I have written are taped onto my mirrors and all over my room. This way, if I am feeling down, I can boost my mood with positivity.
Lalicz
gain self-confidence, believe that you can with everything and if you have a goal to work to fulfill it and strengthen yourself besides not thinking about things like "I would like", but "I'm going to do it", as it will help to gain confidence and improve self-esteem