What questions should I ask a doctor when seeking treatment for an eating disorder?

Hannah Caradonna, MSW, RCSW (RCC #11330)

Social Worker

I offer a warm and non-judgmental space for you to work through your problems. I can help you with anxiety, disordered eating, depression, relationship problems and more.

Skybringslight
Eating disorders can make an individual feel very isolated and seeking treatment stirs up a plethora of internal emotional responses ranging from anxiety to depression. It is important to have a comprehensive treatment plan to address the physical, mental, and external struggles you will be dealing with as you heal. This may mean a specialized therapist, nutritionist, general practitioner, support group, clinic, and analysis of your home/social life. I know that sounds very daunting, but take it one step at a time and ensure that you have everything you need in order to heal. This comprehensive treatment plan will make your journey to recovery a lot more manageable. Remember, your body is strong and if you give it the right nutrients and care, it will recover. You will recover.