Why am I so Obsessed with my weight?

Penny Dahlen, Ed.D., LPC

I am committed to helping you find your passion, heal old wounds, and flow smoother in all aspects of your life path! I use a compassionate listening approach.

Jenn7Cups
Sometimes we can become obsessed with our weight due to what other people think, society's expectations, or the fear that we will never be "perfect" enough. Over the years, society's vision of beauty and popularity is being skinny, wearing makeup, having healthy habits, and even following all the latest trends. But in reality, none of this is true. We can be whoever we want and still be beautiful. I think that everyone has an inner beauty that is hiding inside due to these expectations. We think that our crush won't ask us on a date because we don't look the part. When we walk into a room we think everyone is staring at us and our insecurities. I find this to be so sad because we are not all insecurities or imperfections. We each have a purpose and beauty within ourselves and sometimes it takes a little convincing to show it. But to go back to the central question, being obsessed about your weight can be for all kinds of different reasons, mental health struggles, insecurities, society, expectations, etc... We want to fit in with what society says when really we should focus on our inner beauty and realize that no one is perfect.