How do I stay motivated when I am not seeing results?

Meredith Seltzer, LPC

The therapeutic relationship can assist you in accomplishing your goals and clarifying your wants and needs. As a skilled counselor and therapist I will help you along the way

Imheretohelpu12
I keep pushing forward. Because I know I can do anything I set my mind in to. You may lose the battle but you didn’t loose the war.
Diya83
Remind yourself that what you’re not doing will eventually have results, even if you’re not seeing them now. remember that your determination is a great trait of yours now and will always be if you do not stop now
Anonymous
Just because you aren’t seeing results, doesn’t mean it’s not working. You must stay positive and believe in yourself because you can do anything no matter what
Anonymous
You just have to keep your eyes on the prize. Always look towards the light at the end of that long dark tunnel.
OptimisticSpace30
It is important to remember why you decided to change your lifestyle. Keep calm and take things slow as each of our body works differently.
Positivityiskeyalways
August 3rd, 2018 1:49am
Keep going! Every success story comes from a series of fails. If you can picture your goal in your mind and you work towards it, then it’ll manifest into reality just don’t give up
Waves53
It is tempting to measure ourselves by results, but results are often out of our control--we don't know when and how they will happen. Instead, celebrate the strength we show by taking steps towards our goal, even when things are hard and we can't see the light at the end. Anyone can be motivated when things come easily; true courage is forged by walking a path when the outcome is uncertain or when there is no guarantee we will reach our destination. By building habits we no longer habe to wait for motivation or to "feel like it" to take action. We do what we can whether we feel like it or not because we know that is what keeps is connected to our values and builds the qualities we want to see in ourselves in good times and bad.
Maddiegrace16
Just know that it’s okay to not see results right away. Good things take time. Great things are in store, you just have to believe and time will tell. Everything will work out. All these things you are doing will work out for you in the end. Don’t give up. Just keep on going, and everything will be just fine.
plushLily14
Stop what you’re doing If you insist on getting back to your goal when you are disappointed and unmotivated, you’re likely to make the same mistakes that prevented your success. A failure is not a loss. It’s a gain. You learn. You change. You grow. Take inventory of what you have accomplished. Most likely, you’ll realize that you have grown personally and professionally over time. You have probably acquired new skills and gained knowledge that position you for future success. It’s time to give yourself a pat on the back! Create a detailed plan to change what isn’t working. A detailed plan of action is essential to regain a feeling of control—and your motivation, eg, I reworked my entire marketing plan, and devised more engaging ways to reach my audience. The clearer my plan became, the more empowered I felt to succeed.
Anonymous
You don't always see the results straight away, sometimes things need a little work and sometimes it takes someone else to point out that you're doing well. It's good to have short and long term goals have goals that are easy to achieve and that makes you feel good and makes you more confident about your next goal, never beat yourself up if you miss your goal just give yourself more time praise yourself for what you have done. Sometimes you will never hit your goal and you may fail but you won't be the only one learn from it take heart from trying your best and move on to your next goal
MarkW
Results we see might reflect what our minds define as good or bad, and others may see those "results" as highly effective with good progress. Looking at the positive in reflecting on results may give you a feeling of achievement and lead to keeping motivation higher. And as you motivation increases so does your feeling of continuing your journey for better and better results, and even with some glitches along the way, your results will improve and improve greatly as both the results and motivation to continue grows. Keep up, being aware of your feelings and keeping a positive outlook on your journey.
Anonymous
January 2nd, 2019 8:10pm
staying motivated is difficult when you are not seeing results. sometimes you have to look at the whole picture and remember when you did work out and you did see results. what worked for you? if you eat unhealthy foods it will be a lot more difficult to see results. doing mental training in your mind helps if you keep saying to yourself that you are thin then you will be right when you see yourself as thin. it takes 30 days to develop a habit. i tried to do 30 days of yoga and it helps a lot. if you out in the hard work you will see results.
ComfortablyNumb7676
I'm going to answer this based on my experiences with working out, even though I don't know if that's what you're asking about. You just have to give it your all. If you're at a standstill, change your technique. I got stuck at a certain place in my fitness journey. I lost a little weight and then it seemed like nothing was happening. I changed my routine and started working harder because I felt as though I NEEDED to get my body the way I wanted. Ultimately, it paid off and I was looking great because I didn't give up. I would feel unmotivated and I would just do it anyway. Persistence is the key!!!!
Ashes2Ashes1984
January 23rd, 2019 10:24am
One way to stay motivate is to use the buddy system have a friend exercise with you. I would suggest to choice a person who will act has a reminder and even set up daily reminder on your phone with messages to encourage you to stay on track. One saying I have used is Rome was not build in a day, It is a reminder that everything takes time and I think also means that sometime set back occurs. I understand, first hand the difficulties of staying motivate with no showing result but even some result have occur just has improving blood circulation and even having to reexamine your progress and methods might have to be done. I had to asked, am I eating the right food? Am I eating too much? I try to remember that these small changes can add up and have massive benefits for my health.
7Fabi7
To stay motivated without seeing any results can be quite annoying, that is for sure. But you always have to have a goal, like for example a good grade in school. You might not know it in the moment of doubts, but even trying gets you far, even if it's just learning by doing; just like I am improving my English by chatting with Members and Listeners or by writing this text. Another way to stay motivated is to believe in some kind of only-positive karma. The longer you try hard, the better it will be in the end, even if you fail first. After some time you will improve, rise above all the others who are now winning but then be failing. You will succeed when it is the most important. And if not, remember: This life is made for you to get along with it. :)
SufferingistheRootofAll
It's hard to stay motivated when i dont see result but since it's my job to keep on reminding the others how the work, i guess it's only fair that i keep my loss of motivation for myself. I don't want my client to feel that i lost faith in him. It would only damage the process of healing and it would probably broke the trust we build. If i really feel like the person isn't going anywhere, i might also tell them that's how i feel about them. Ask them if they really want to engage in that therapeutic process, if they want to change...
Anonymous
March 3rd, 2019 8:38pm
Think of how far you can get when you will have the results. Think of you, seeing the results and smiling, smiling because you didn't give up. Just think of yourself, getting everything done by your own strength. You can do it! And if you don't want to do it alone, People from 7 Cups can help you. We are very open and we would love to help you get the results you want to have. Just look up a Member that fits your Language and what you need, in this case it would be motivation, we have a helper for you!
localinternational
Reflect on the progress you have made and the steps you have already taken towards your goal - these are all positive results. Set short-term, easily achievable goals, for example, doing an extra 30 seconds on the treadmill at the gym. These can help give you the boost you need when you feel like you're stagnating. Consider new approaches or techniques you can adopt on your way to reaching your goals - when was the last time you asked for help? A fresh perspective can give you a new lease of motivation. Above all, remember WHY you are looking for these resuts.
Anonymous
When you're not seeing results, always remember that you already have the result of becoming someone willing to work hard for what you want in life. To stay motivated, you must not focus on the results but rather how you are becoming a better person from your goals and dreams. For example, if I wanted to become a student with good grades, I'd look into how I could improve myself as a person in terms of working hard because the smaller things are what build up to the greater thing, the goal itself. Discipline is essential for finding your goal
Anonymous
You can make little reminders to yourself so that you remember that sometimes, results take awhile to really show. For example, if you have never played a piano before, you would most likely not be a master piano player the next day. It would probably take at least a few weeks or even a few months or years. Another thing you can do is to break your goal down into smaller pieces and create incentives for yourself. For example, if you are wanting to become a master piano player, instead of trying to tackle it all at once, you can tell yourself okay, after 7 days of practice, then go get ice cream and after 14 days, hang out with friends. The incentives don't have to be specifically these or spread out exactly this far apart, this is just an example and you can adjust the time in between incentives and what they are to meet your needs.
WonderfulGrace
Remember it is a journey, nothing is easy, that's life. But if it truly what you want, you will do whatever it takes to keep going. Motivation becomes irrelevant, and passion becomes the driver. If you have been doing it for years and still nothing, it's great you have been patient so far, but maybe it is time for you to reflect and reconsider what you have been doing. is it right?? It is time for you to seek help? There is nothing wrong with taking a small step back to reevaluate so you can get better results. I think imagining the end goal is always great too, it might help you stay motivated. By remembering what you are working towards and why you are doing this. Good luck.