I want to lose weight but I can't stop eating, what do I do?

Beth Pausic, Psy.D

I work collaboratively with people to foster strengths in order to transform their behavior so that they live a life that feels purposeful and values-driven.

JumpyGoiaba
I'm assuming that by not being able to stop eating, you're refering to unhealthy foods. You should never stop eating while trying to lose weight, but rather eat as healthy as possible while not binge eating. It might seem difficult to replace unhealthy foods, because generally they taste a lot better than their healthier counterparts. However, there are many types of healthy food with a pleasant flavor. Try researching organic and healthier alternatives to unhealthy food to start off. And most importantly, make an effort to stay active. You don't have to work out exhaustively every day, especially in the first stages of weight loss, but try to set up a daily goal. You will eventually see results and this will motivate you to keep going. I hope I could help you in some way. Best of luck for you! :)
waiting4wings
I'm not familiar with your personal situation, but I don't believe the solution would ever be to *stop* eating. The standard advise here would be to create a heather relationship with food, to start eating stuff with lower calories and higher nutritional value and to start exercising more. Please also be aware that weight loss is rarely an overnight thing, so you may very well be on the right track already and just need a little more time to see the results
Anonymous
Take healthier snacks such as fruits and nuts, and most importantly, weight is not the ultimate, exercising to feel good is the prime.
HayAwake221
Start excercising. You dont need to cardio for an hour. Just small steps. Take stairs instead of the lift. Drink more water. and most essentially be very very conscious of WHY you want to lose weight. Do it for yourself. Not for anybody else.