I can’t get to sleep easily because I can’t stop overthinking about bad things that have happened I don’t know what to do?

Brooke Bowen, LPC

My approach is nonjudgmental, supportive, & interactive. I want to understand my clients' pasts & help them cope with the present so they can have a happy & fulfilling future.

JumpyGoiaba
I'd suggest you try to do something active before you go to sleep. Not only will it release hormones that will contribute to your overall well-being but also make you tired physically and mentally, helping you fall asleep earlier without many thoughts. If that doesn't work, you can try sleeping with some white noise in the background. I find rain sounds particularly relaxing for this. I hope my advice was helpful. If you ever need to talk, feel free to message me! :)
felixthecat
I struggle with this often. I've found listening to guided sleep meditation (or something similar) really helps to keep my mind off of other things and focused on sleep.