I can't talk to my family about my problems. What should I do?

Egypt

Hisham Tawfik, M.S.W.

Counseling and psychological services are my passion more than my work, It is all about love, and love is the only real value.

Anonymous
I cannot talk to my family either. It feels like my husband is trying to take my kids from me by making me unfit and saying things to set me off all the time. I have major depression issues and he does not love me.
worriedbrother82
My brother has is 30 an has 3 kids. Hes a drinking an drug (coke) but now hes been taking yellows of the internet an has completely of the rails. He went missing for a full week an has been in hospital twice because of it. Ive tryd to talk to him an hes just punchd me an told me to f off. He dsnt want to help himself an i know i cant. What do i do? I txtd him today to tell him i cant go thru this any more. Can anyone help me to help him?
Aditi24
If biasness is your concern, then you must always consider going and meeting a person whom you do not know and vice versa i.e. a therapist. He/She can help you to cope with your concerns.
Jimberolee
I have this problem ever since I was little and until today. It always feel like a heavy burden to me, and i always feel so alone. But the greatest thing is i have someone who cares about me so much that he's willing to listen to my vents. And it helps a lot for me, to have someone who is willing to listen to me and help me figure out a way to rebuild myself and find my solutions. I hope this helps for you who need it as well :)
marriahromano
Talk to someone who wants to listen. Talk to a friend/family member/counselor/someone on here. Someone will help you. If you need anything, i am here.
JessyChany
I've got the same actually and I usually talk to my closest friend about absolutely everything. Or I talk to someone on 7 cups.
RiseFromObscurity
My dad has been verbally abusive to me in the past and it caused me to close myself off from him and a chain reaction ensued where I didn't trust anyone. I never understood at the time what a family was or its purpose. A family is there to support and love. And at times discipline and teach. Is your problem going to change the way your family views you?
Uniqueg
Maybe you can talk to friends, or a listener on 7 cups of tea or maybe you can keep a diary to practice expressing your problems and feelings.
okeysay
You can write daily. This will relax you. Everything annoys you staying in . Therefore, the need to share immediately.
Fivo
There are two possible reasons why you can't. 1 - You don't want to, which is perfectly fine. It's your own life and your problems are personal, keeping them to yourself is ok. Unless they have to support you financially which then gets trickier. 2 - You worry they will not understand. That is also ok. Sometimes, people, can't understand some concepts even if they want to. The best way, if you want them to know your problems is to start introducing your problems to them gradually. See reaction and maybe continue to go deeper on them. No matter what you do, best of luck. Hope I helped.
Genshai
I understand that, for some reason, that doesn't seem possible right now. Who do you think you can talk to?
AnnieElen
You can try to talk to your friends. You are never alone in this world, support is always around :)
Anonymous
can i know what's ur proble that you can't tell ur family? maybe u can share a little bit about ur story and l'll be here waiting ur story :)
PashT007
Confide in the people that support you and have your best interests at heart. Outsiders always seem to understand more.
Anonymous
There are many services out the for you, there are online services like us and then there will be services in person, if you ask your doctor he/she will give you a list of options that are best suited for you.
CleanSlateNate
If you have not already, let your family know that this bothers you very much that you cannot express how you feel to them. If it still persists, then, seek guidance from a close friend. A therapist is another great option, too, to vent. Best wishes. - Nate
Anonymous
Here we give all kind of listeners for your assistance. The information and even the issues are all confidential
Danielle0527
I understand that it can be difficult at times to talk with your family. But there are many other people willing to listen to your problems!
SilentLucidity717
It doesn't always necessarily have to be a family member you have to talk to. Its the person you trust the most.
share
Sometimes the people you care about the most are the hardest to talk to. Have you thought about talking to a friend, or someone from 7 cups of Tea, or a pastor?
Anonymous
Ask yourself why you can't talk to your family. If it's because they won't be there, seek help from online sources, school, or from a counselor in your area. If it's because you don't want to worry them, it may hurt them knowing that they aren't there for you. They love and want to help you with all of your problems. It's why parents ask how you are or how your day is going. They care, why won't they care now?
Emilybrewer1
Not being able to talk to your family about any kind of a problem is a natural reaction. We rather talk to someone like a friend or maybe a leader. Though those are some good options, your family deserves a chance to help you out as well. My recommendation would be to write down and plan out what you are going to say to them. Maybe in a notebook or even just type it out in your notes on your phone or something! When you feel ready go tell them exactly that! Even read it off the page if you have too! They will be happy to help even if it may not seem like it?
sereneMelody53
Communication is always key in any type of relationship. Whether it be romance, sibling, friend, etc. It all involves good listening and talking skills.
Anonymous
Usually finding a therapist, or a friend, or somewhere like 7 cups where you can anonymously vent your problems to.
WickeddVibes
You could try talking to a close friend or just somebody that you trust. You could also try getting professional help, like a therapist. And of course there is always 7 cups of tea you could use to talk about your problems.
TurtleTurtle
Coming to 7 cups, and talking to a listener is already a good step. Another one is to maybe try talking to friends.
Anonymous
try talking to someone. it may seem hard to talk to your family, but what about close friends that you trust or even anyone that you can talk to. its always good to have that one person that you can talk to. hopefully one day you will be able to talk to your family but for now just try and talk to someone you can trust :)
Brittneym101
I myself have had and still do have issues with confiding in my family. Nobody ever listened to me or let me get a word in and they were/are my problems not theirs. I met someone almost 5 years ago and he has been my source to get over a lot of these issues and he was someone that I could trust and vent to whenever I needed someone to talk to or someone to just listen. He's my boyfriend and even though we have been complicated for awhile things are better and he is busy a lot now, but I couldn't ask for anyone better and more than him. If he wasn't around and not available to talk or maybe we were off at the time I would connect to someone here on 7 cups of tea. If that never worked I always prayed and handed all of these issues to God.
ImKorgi
What i did is find my most trusted friend, talked to him about my troubles and he tries to comfort me or try to search for a solution, real friends will always do this.
MarianaFilipaSouza6
If you feel umcomfortable with talking yo your family, then maybe you could try to visit a therapist. Therapists are very serious, objective and they help you coping with what you're going throw, guiding you, making you reflect and all that.