I hate my husband or wife. Why?

Australia

Raifiel Cyril, Masters in Applied Psychology

Everyone needs a little support from time to time to take the next step. I am here to listen and help you achieve what your heart desires.

Anonymous
You have to ask yourself why you're with the person in the first place and the direction you want your relationship to go in. Did your spouse do something you don't like?
Anonymous
It may be because you are unsure of your partner's sex. I would hate them too if I were locked into a relationship and still unsure whether I married a man or a woman.
hereforyou1980
Take a piece of paper and write down a list of positives and negatives about your partner, this should give you a good idea, but if you hate them then you may be in the wrong relationship and moving forward maybe the best option.
Anonymous
Maybe it's not the most healthy relationship if you don't like them. I'm not going to give advice, but there could be possible visitations with a relationship therapist?
Anonymous
hate is such a strong word, identifying the reasons why these emotions have started to blossom is a good start and working on the root cause will help to build a better relationship.
HelpingAngel75
Maybe you have spent so much time with them that you start to get annoyed with some of their habits.
uniquecreature41
Ask yourself why. Examine your feelings. What is it about them that is pushing your buttons? What is it about the relationship that isn't working? Is there a lingering resentment left over from a previous experience with this person? Were you unable to communicate how you felt about something that happened in the past? There could be any number of reasons, talking it over with them or with an independant 3rd party might be the key to overcoming the way you feel.
SilentSerenityy
Husband or wife? I'm assuming you wonder why/how people can hate their spouse? It can be for so many reasons, such as falling out of love for the person, they may have been unfaithful or lied about something etc. It's different in each marriage.
Anonymous
Well I'm divorced so it would be easy to give lots of reasons! That said, hate is a very strong and negative emotion and one I try to avoid at all costs, it's detrimental to all concerned...and life is far too short. Move on and be happy :)
Candid0211
The reason could be as simple as you are living a life full of compromises and since you have no one else to blame your spouse is the easy target or the option is they really deserve the hate and dislike and you have been bottling up the dissonance for so long that it has now changed into hatred
Brittneym101
Only you know why you hate/dislike your Husband/Wife. You can start by answering this question my making a list of the things that you don't like about your significant other.
Anonymous
I understand that it could be difficult, but maybe sometimes we just don't forgot to show appreciation?
softNutella25
That's hard to answer from this end as no one really knows your relationship. Consider things that may have happened to cause these feelings and try talking them out with your spouse as many times communication, or lack of, can be an issues.
Anonymous
Maybe because he/shes do something bad and you don't like it, or your feeling change about your husband/wife and you can't be with them anymore
sunnyporcupine
Only you can answer that question. Reflect on what brought you two together in the first place and then what has changed. That may help set you in the right direction to finding your answer.
Anonymous
because when i love him he doesn't love me back the way i want him to! he says he loves me his own way, i don't understand that...
AnupK
Because she can never understand me or my emotions. I can understand her emotionsn or feelings but she never does mine
VikasMan
Satisfaction and connectivity are important things in a relation between couples. It's not just physical. You need to be satisfied mentally with your partner. Satisfied why the way he acts at the time of crisis, satisfied by the way he handles responsibility. Satisfied by the way their partner respects their in laws. Satisfied by the way he think life is about. Connectivity will resolve their inner issues. If someone have to wait, they need to be connected to understand the reason so that the issue doesn't get bigger. If these things are missing then a husband or wife can hate their partner and that's valid too.
justheretohelpyou
There could be a number of reasons why and to be honest, you are the only person that can know why, you need to stay true to yourself, spend some time away or get some headspace to yourself, and try to figure out what is going on, you could try writing it down, and after that you can figure out if you can work through whatever issues you're having with your significant other, talk to them about it too, stay true to yourself and be honest!
Anonymous
Well it could be bad habit they have that stikes a nerve, it could be something they did to upset you, talk it over with them, its the best option right now.
XsetarehX
Maybe because of something that they did or said? if you hate your partner then you really shouldnt be with them.
JuliaIsabella
They may have revealed traits about themselves that you did not know about before and they may be causing strain due to this.
IntuitiveDrops
Do you feel that you shouldn´t hate but love them? I have good and bad news for you: You rarely can control your feelings towards someone. But on the other hand, that means you´re not a bad person for feeling a certain way. We will always be frustrated by the ones we love, and attachment can give rise to resentment. It´s okay to hate your spouse a little bit, as long as it doesn´t consume most of your feelings towards him or her. If that is the case, and the frustration is the biggest part in your relationship, I would overthink what you can do about it and if not, reconsider that relationship.
paperCrane15
This question cannot be answered because it's a deep problem and there can be lots of reasons. You can try and contact me or any other psychologist if you want the answer
xdogax
You probably know the answer, it's just hidden in you. Did he/she make something you hate? Are you sure you love him/her?
FeelFreeToASK
Hate is something which comes one when either there is not much love, or way tooo much of live. Any one of them can be the reason, but let me tell you hate never helped anyone so stay together stay in love, that is best..
Keola
In any relationship, there are things we get to know about the other. In a marriage, everything is a compromise and a give and take. A wife may hate her husband because she feels he is not being supported or she is feeling taken for granted by her husband. Ill feeling start to develop, begins with hurt, then anger and ends with hatred. The husband can feel the same for his wife. Many of the hatred also comes from miscommunication. In any relationship, especially in a marriage, strong communication is needed to make a strong bond. Hatred will be diminished from open communication.
Anonymous
Depends on the realtionship you have with him/her and the bond you have maybe there are some thing that you cant forgive yet ?
Anonymous
I hate my husband at times because he is abusive, he is demanding and everything should revolve around him. It is just not fair. And I hate it.
magnanimousButton53
Write down or observe your emotions as to why you hate your spouse. Sometimes due to some memories buried in subconscious mind may also lead to triggering of thoughts. Sit and discuss calmly which may help to understand each other better