My dad likes to touch me. Is this sexual abuse?

Elena Morales, LMHC

I believe silence creates a cycle. With empathic and collaborative therapy, we break the cycle. I help clients feel validated and supported passed anger, shame, and anxiety.

softHand8436
It depends on how he is touching you. If he’s affectionate in a fatherly way, then perhaps not. But if he is touching certain body parts and inappropriate places… You also may want to think about how it makes you feel when he does this. Do you feel uncomfortable? Do you feel violated? That could also be an indicator. If you do feel violated or uncomfortable understand that his behavior is not your fault, or a result of anything you may be doing in particular. Ultimately he makes his own decisions and mistakes. If you ever find yourself feeling uncomfortable, there are many hotlines and numbers to call as well. :))) I Hope this helps!!!
Anonymous
December 23rd, 2021 6:04am
Short answer : YES. Parents shouldn't be engaging in such activities and it is horrible. Whether or not it's consensual it is still extremely wrong. Kindly inform other family members asap,get in contact with cps and don't be afraid of raising your voice against him. They might think you're naive and vulnerable but don't let them think that for too long. Be strong and fight hard against this. Please take care of yourself and remember that you aren't alone.
TaylaTayla123
If someone touches you inappropriately without your consent, it is sexual abuse. Sexual abuse can also happen in the form of pedophilia and/or incest. If this is happening, seek help from sexual abuse resources, a trusted adult or counselor/therapist, or contact the police. Sexual abuse can be a frightening thing to deal with, especially from a family member, someone you are supposed to trust. However, help is available in several ways, and you are never alone. Abusers typically manipulate or gaslight their victims into thinking that what they are doing isn't abuse, and often scare them away from the idea of getting help. However, sexual abuse is horrific and wrong, and help is always available.