Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My dad likes to touch me. Is this sexual abuse?

272 Answers
Last Updated: 12/23/2021 at 6:04am
1 Tip to Feel Better
United States
Moderated by

Elena Morales, LMHC

Licensed Professional Counselor

I believe silence creates a cycle. With empathic and collaborative therapy, we break the cycle. I help clients feel validated and supported passed anger, shame, and anxiety.

Top Rated Answers
July 27th, 2016 9:09pm
That doesn't sound good. Dad should not be touching you in a way which makes you feel abused. Please find someone safe to talk to ASAP.
July 29th, 2016 12:58am
If your father is touching you in an inappropriate manner please report this to a trusted adult immediately. If you would consider this touching inappropriate if you saw someone else doing it, then chances are you are right. Sexual abuse is very serious and any unwarranted sexual touching needs to be addressed right away. Please consider letting a trusted adult know if you feel that you are being sexually abused.
July 30th, 2016 3:12am
That's what it sounds like. Now, good touch, like hugs and friendly cheek kisses, or tickles are acceptable (if you allow it). Any other touch (especially without your consent!) from anyone is unacceptable and may be sexual abuse/assault.
July 30th, 2016 3:27am
When a dad touches a little girl or boy sexually (on his private area, or on her private area) yes that is abuse. Not only is it abuse, but it's called molestation. Any dad who touches his child could get in a lot of trouble with the law. I never had my dad touch me in that manner, however, I have a step sister who mother's boyfriend, used to touch her private areas.
August 2nd, 2016 12:03am
If you don't want him to and he touches you in a sexual way this may be classed as sexual abuse, I would suggest you get in contact with a sexual abuse helpline for support
August 3rd, 2016 10:08am
if he touches you in personal places, yes this is sexual abuse. I would consider calling the sexual abuse hotline.
August 6th, 2016 12:25am
Yes. When i was younger my sister liked to touch me. i thought it wasnt a big deal. then i friend helped me realize it was. That is sexual abuse and it is not okay. If you want to talk to me I am Madhatter66. i am happy to talk with you about this.
August 7th, 2016 12:35am
I am only a trained listener to sympathize with you . I would suggest you tell your mother or an adult. You should also contact the Sexual Assault Hotline.
August 7th, 2016 7:18pm
It depends in what way he touches you, but if you're uncomfortable with what he is doing I strongly advise you to contact a sexual abuse hotline for your country.
August 10th, 2016 12:16am
Depends on what kind of touching you mean and how you feel about it. You asking this question seems like a indicator to the answer your seeking
August 21st, 2016 6:12pm
yes it can be considered that . Have you considered telling anyone? maybe another adult ? or family member
August 23rd, 2016 6:38am
if you are not ok with him touching you wherever he's touching you I would say that it is sexual abuse
August 25th, 2016 1:09pm
It depends on if you feel inappropriate after the touch, did you feel like your intimate space was invaded?
August 31st, 2016 6:48am
Yes, if you feel uncomftable you shouldnt have to put up with this tell someone you dont deserve this
August 31st, 2016 11:15am
Yes, this is considered sexual abuse and should be reported. Please contact someone close to you if you are afraid to report this yourself.
August 31st, 2016 3:25pm
Yes honey, I think you should talk with someone about it and if it's from your family better, you need support
August 31st, 2016 5:46pm
Thank you for your honesty. This is sexual abuse. I strongly recommend calling an abuse helpline or talking to your mum/guardian. You shouldn't be left alone in this situation and I'm always one message away to give you more help if you need it! But my best advice is to contact a helpline
September 1st, 2016 9:16pm
It depends on where and how he touches you. If he touches you at spots you wouldn't want anyone else to touch, it probably is some kind of sexual abuse/harrasment.
September 7th, 2016 4:47am
Yes it is, any unwanted touching is sexual abuse and it's important you speak out about it because no girl deserves to be sexually deemed by unwanted advances
September 7th, 2016 6:33am
Yes, if it is not with your consent this is abuse and you should contact a person of authority immediately.
September 7th, 2016 6:50am
Inappropriate touching? If so.....Yes. Seek help right away. Call local authorities or tell someone you trust and can confide in who will help you!
September 7th, 2016 7:31am
Depends where he is touching. If he is touching places where he isnt supposed to touch, then yes he is feelig you up. In that case, ask help from an adult or professional to help you.
September 9th, 2016 8:54am
Hi there, If anyone (no matter the relationship) touches you in a way you feel uncomfortable it's worth taking a look at what's going on. If in this case we are talking about touching intimate parts of your body or any part in some form that feels inappropriate it would qualify as sexual abuse, yes.
September 10th, 2016 1:55am
if you feel or think he is touching you in a sexual way then yes that would be known as sexual abuse.
September 10th, 2016 7:36am
It depends on how he touches you. If a person crosses his boundaries and goes against your will, then yes it is
September 10th, 2016 10:32pm
Yes that's sexual abuse and he shouldn't be doing it! It is very wrong and he needs to stop that behavior. You are not alone because there are people who can help you.
September 11th, 2016 4:36pm
It depends where he touch you, If you feel uncomfortable you must maybe ask him not to touch you that much
September 15th, 2016 9:10am
I would say Yes, It is not something a parent should ever do. I would encourage you to talk to someone about this.
September 16th, 2016 12:49am
Depending on which area you refer to. Touch can also be a language of love expressing for some people.
September 22nd, 2016 2:35am
Very likely, but you need to speak with someone like a doctor or a therapist right away if you aren't sure. Please tell your doctor, your school counselor, your therapist, or any other adult with the power to help you figure this out.