My parents are poor. How can I be successful?

Sarah Spiro, LCSW

I look forward to creating a partnership with you and being by your side through this time in your life.

ZaraSmiles
True success does not depend on wealth, nor is it defined by it. If you try your best, you can can achieve so much! Anything is possible if you set your mind to it ♥
RobynCares
Money is merely an object. Effort will always be worth more than money, and when you try your best, you gain more than money.
Shikaa
Of course, you can. Its not in your hands to be born rich but it is definitely in your hands to die rich.
crlody
Try to be specific about what success means to you - is it making a certain amount of money a year or living in a certain kind of house or driving a certain kind of car? Or is it something more internal like a sense of pride in the kind of work you're doing? Write down what success means to you and at least 3 tangible ways by which you can measure that success and check in periodically with yourself to see how you're measuring up. If you're not measuring up perhaps break your ideal of success into smaller, more attainable parts, think back on past experiences of goals you achieved and how you felt - being in a successful state of mind more often will help you experience more success.
comfortingpanda63
Try and do well in school, go to college. My family is upper lower class to low middle class and that's what my mom always told me. :)
Anonymous
Your family background doesn't dictate your future. A lot of successful, famous people came from less than perfect places in their lives but the thing that matters is their drive' YOUR drive to strive for your goal. You say you want to be successful right? Never give up. Whatever it is, whatever they say, never give up on your dreams. You matter. Your dreams are important and know that I support you every step of the way. Goodluck! :)
RachxTheLight
Although it will be a difficult situation, you can always be successful. The best way to ensure success for yourself is to do what you need to do to accomplish what you want to, and to also reach out and get the help from resources, whether it be financially or emotionally.
Anonymous
Financial success is just one kind of success. Being loved, having good grades, friends, setting and attaining personal goals, and caring for others--these are more enduring measures of success than how much money you have.
AwesomelyLonely
Realise that true success comes from within. No-one will ever be able to teach a spoilt kid the value of money, you already know far more than most.
PashT007
Keep in mind that anything is possible. Who your parents are has nothing to do with your success. Prove statistics wrong, follow your dreams and do all that you desire to do. Don't let anyone tell you that you are a product of an environment that you haven't chosen. Also, believe in yourself.
Stainedglass
Do your best to get a job and to be independent. it will be stressful but worth it, and you will thank yourself.
DipityEnigma
The best way to make yourself known is to get experience. You can do so by volunteering in many sectors of the business industry. The more you know, the less your employer will have to worry about training you which means your employer will be more likely to pick you over someone they have to train which costs them time and money. You can also take part in extra curricular activities to add to your CV which employers will be pleased about as it shows you are willing and you will keep yourself busy. You can take part in free activities in your area by using a social media site such as meetup.com which have a lot of free activities available in many countries. It may seem like something small but you can also make yourself feel better by keeping yourself well read by reading books to keep yourself busy and sane. You could go to your local library and take out books for entertainment or for self-help or even for self-teaching. It is unfortunate but if you want to be successful, you have to put in a lot of effort, time and patience. You need to learn to be patient with yourself and force yourself to go the extra mile. I hope this information helps.
SocialButterfly31
Just because your parents are poor does not mean that will define your success. You can make sure that you do the best you can do to make sure you are successful in life and don't quit along the way.
positivePower29
My parents are poor and I can understand how you may think this will stop you from being successful. I worked a full-time job in high school to support myself. I am in college and I still work to support myself to take the burden off my parents. I use our struggle to motivate me to be at the top of my class and to encourage me to stand out from the rest of the crowd.
Anonymous
You can be successful by studying hard in school and being committed. By studying hard you will be able to get good results, with good results you are more likely to get accepted into university and getting a scolarship/learnership or even a study loan... you can study and can make a difference even if you grew up in poverty
RyanChandler
My parents are indeed poor, just as I am with them. Success, however, does not need money. You do not pay a service to be successful. Success comes from a deeper part of your life, your meaning. Finding meaning, use, and strength from your actions like charity and self reliance are what really makes people happy in the world. Not shiny cars and mansions. It is better to be payed by the universe then by your company.
marvelousBerry21
Your success can be accomplished if you have the determination. Just because your parents are poor, doesn't mean you cannot be successful. It's about believing in yourself and your ability.
HeroAngel18
Be resourceful. There are resources (including people) all around around you that you can use to your advantage for success. You should focus on how you can give value to others, Supply and demand. There is lots of demand! The Internet is a blessing, knowledge can be gained for free, you can learn from mentors on YouTube. There's plenty out there to help you if you are resourceful. But the main thing is taking action. Make sure to implement the success habits you learn from others, take action, learn how to do uncomfortable things. Many take cold showers just to practice doing what's uncomfortable when the comfortable option is available. There are alternatives, you can find them.
lovingWords79
it shouldnt matter if your poor or rich or what job you get long you find a job that suits you and helps you in your journey in life im sure you can find the job you want and be happy if you try
BeautifulZebra701
Learn. Knowledge is one of the most valuable things on this planet and if you know things, you'll go great places.
Anonymous
My parents came to the US with no money, food, family, job, connections, or anything! My answer is, it doesn't matter about the money, as long as you are doing something you love. that is the true definition of success
Anonymous
If you're going to school, always do your best in every class you're in. If you need extra resources, you might research where your local library is and possibly find a quiet place to study.
Anonymous
Wealth doesn't guarantee success, work hard and aim high. Set targets, and always try to meet them. That way it'll help you become organised and aspirational, and teach you wealth isn't everything.
genuineSoul29
If you want something, work hard and you can achieve anything. I believe in the saying, anything worth having is worth working hard for.
delicatePomegranate33
A lot of times, having parents in a poor financial situation can get you some scholarships and financial aid. Just try to do your best and do well in school, and any job you may have. Follow your heart and set your goals high. If you work for them you will reach them.
By not letting your parents failures be yours. Learn from the mistakes that they have made and be better. Just because your parents were poor it does not mean u will be the same if u don't let it.
Tomorrowisnew1
Being successful is more that just money it is hard work and determination. Doing good is school and keeping your head in the game is the straight shot for being successful in life. Never give up and always try your hardest it will be worth it it the end.
Anonymous
Money isn't the only factor to achieve success. There is such great potential in everybody. It just takes passion, dedication, and support. Trust me, you will get there.
LivingSun
Successful doesn't have to do anything with money! You are successful if you can follow your dreams, do what you want and what you like. Money is temporary, success is for life. Money can achieve anyone... Success is something you have to earn by working hard on yourself! Keep on working on yourself and always believe.
comfortableMemory82
Just because your parents are poor, doesn’t mean you can’t be successful! There are many different opportunities, that Help people with education funds!