What can I do to help my father?

Stacey Kiger, LPC

My belief is that therapy is not about giving advice, but joining you on your journey

WithHappyDay3010
What can I do to help my father? :-) I've thought about this since I was little, so I want to always make him happy. What my father likes, I always do well; For example, when he told me to buy something necessary, then I did the job well. My dad really trusts me. I always won first place in school so he could be proud of me. My father was happy with my performance, praise from his friends made him more confident. I felt like I helped him "while maintaining his trust" when I wasn't there. For example, when I was in college, I kept his advice, keeping the principles and family commitments so that he would feel happy and proud of me. I don't want to bother him, therefore, if I have a problem in a relationship, I don't need to tell him ... I keep his heart and always hope he hears all the happiness I feel. When he likes a dress or any food, I always buy it for him. When he's bored, I take him out ... (when I'm married and give him grandchildren) He is my hero, my sun, I don't want to make him sad and I always defend him when someone does something bad to him. I've always tried to keep his great name, and I've been through the days of keeping his old age. He is a person who is resolute, intelligent and with high integrity... I do love him... :-) My father left this world a few months ago. I miss him so much of course. Thanks for make me feeling nostalgic and feeling gratitude for having him in my life... My father has graduated well, he takes care of me with great love, he is the perfect dad for me! He is the best!
vroomvrooom
You can help your father in multiple ways. But the most important way you can help your father (even your mother), is by being kind to him, not raising your voice, speaking softly, putting across your view, your requirement in a respectful manner. They do so much for us and it is our right to treat them nicely. Assist them financially. If you are living far away, give them the regular phone calls, show that you love your parents. This is what matters in the end. Dont do what wrong they have done to you. Instead, do it right. Be the better person, someone your children can admire and learn from.
Anonymous
Be a good son/daughter and do whatever you can to help him. Let him know that you'll be there to support him no matter what. And make sure you stay in touch with him often as he will really appreciate the effort you're making to continue talking to him. Be completely honest with him about the way you feel and open up to him about your own problems so that he may open up to you about his. He is your father, so just do what you can to make him happy, and let him know that you're always going to have his back no matter what.