What do I do if my father is abusive?

Jessica Kell, LPC-S NCC CDC-I

Life spares no one hardship. It's why I offer skills, tools, & wisdom gathered in 10+yrs. of work as a Therapist to help you navigate yours. Lets do this together! I can help.

Anonymous
Please call the cops. I have been in a similar situation and if you fear for your safety and wellbeing, please call the police.
Alwaysdreamin
If your father is abuse, this is harmful to you physically and mentally. Could you tell a trusted adult like another family member or a family friend or your school counselor? Your father could possibly need to get some help so that he can stop. Telling someone trustworthy is a good choice so that you can be safe. I want you to be safe and for you father to get the help he needs.
GoldenDragonEyes60
The best thing to do would most likely to be to tell a trusted adult, a counselor, or possibly contact a hotline. They may be able to help the situation.
optimisticPond54
You should definitely speak with someone. Your mom, the doctor, a psychiatrist or someone you can trust.
stewy
report him to the authorities and that will mean he gets the help he needs, or get him to a professional who can help
Anonymous
You need to seek the abuse hotline immediately or call 911 or you can start a chat on here and we can get you help
scarlet25
Firstly you need to realise that you don't deserve this. Think is there a way for you to get help? Maybe from a teacher at school, a friend's parent? Social workers? If you can, don't hesitate to get help because you deserve happiness and a good life
If you feel that you are being abused, you should seek help through a trusted adult, friend, family member or school counselor.
Ginieboops
Tell someone preferably a police officer or teacher. They can take the steps to keep you safe. You never deserve to be abused; especially from someone Ne who is meant to love and take care of you.
Anonymous
You have to tell a trusted adult, maybe a teacher or coach or counselor. You can get help many different ways.
Camila4u
If my father is abusive i would talk to someone i can trust about the issue and if it occurs again futher procces may take place
Anonymous
First, you should not try to fight back. Or at least, don't let it go too far. Try to get him to know what he is doing, and how it is affecting you. Talk to your mother about it, if she really loves and cares for you, she will know what to do.
Anonymous
Open up to a close friend or a trusted adult. Tell them what is going on, but that you don't know what to do about the situation. Get help from someone you really trust.
Christinainspiration1
I suggest for you to talk to someone you trust. The best thing you can do is to report it to a police or a mental health counselor. No one deserves abuse.
happyDreamer58
Seek out an adult you trust and let them know what is going on. It can be a teacher, a parent of one of your friends, or someone you look up to.
SeamusMaraemh
Reach out to someone. If you're dealing with an abusive father, you are likely to still be in grade school (1-12). There are counselors who know how to handle these situations. You are never alone; you can get support.
Anonymous
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. If you are actively experiencing abuse, please immediately seek help! Reach out to others in your life like family or professionals (teachers, counselors, etc) and tell them as best you can what's going on. If you feel in danger, please call the police (in the US you can dial 911). It can be scary to seek help, but it's very important for your well-being. You matter too. You are worth getting help. Your safety is the #1 priority. No one should ever be hurting you, physically or mentally. Please ask for help.
MissLisa
You must think about your own needs and values as a person. It is never okay to be abusive to anyone and there is never a good enough excuse to excuse someone of abusive behaviour. You need to speak out and seek support and help from professional people who are trained in this area. There are so many charities out there who are trained to help people with abusive parents. You do not need to put up with your abusive father, no-one deserves that and you do not have to tolerate it just because he is your father. You can always speak to family or friends for support and help.