What does it mean when a family member is always aggressive in their behavior towards other family members?

Rory Boutilier, Registered Professional Counsellor, B.A. (Honors, Psychology)

I use a client-centered, solution-focused approach. Particular interests in: self-injury, depression, anxiety, life stress, and change.

MelissaElissa17
It means that the aggressive person has some problems about the family, it may be because a specific person in the family is stressing the aggressive person. It is not healthy for the family and in this situation it is best to work the problem and ask for help.
Giveurselfachance85
that certain member might be going through some phase of emotinal distress. he might need someone to talk to
Anonymous
It can indicate a serious mental disorder, such as Bi-Polar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, or Intermittent Explosive Disorder to name a few. Since family members are often the people we see and interact with most, it's often they are the ones we effect most. Stress can also cause aggressive behavior. It can also just be caused by an unresolved conflict between the two members. It's good to have open conversation with your family members, especially if you feel they could become violent.
seabreeze
June 2nd, 2015 10:42am
I would imagine they are angry towards that person but cannot talk about it. Maybe something happened and they feel mistreated or treated unfairly?
Anonymous
Every emotion has its cause, especially if it's directed at a specific person. It might have deep-rooted reasons in the person's past. I'd advice consulting a psychologist.
urvee
it means he s unhappy about something .something inside is killing him. we need to ask him console him
Anonymous
This could be because of the stress the member goes through at work and other places, I myself tend to unleash my stress and pressure on some of my family members (especially mum), when I had a bad day.
Anonymous
They could be stressed out or have certain problems in their life at the moment. But if they start getting physical or very mentally abusive then you should tell someone because they should never take their anger out on their family
It could be 1 of many reasons, either there is a unsettled issue that that person has with the family that is not dealt with or there is an issue that is not settled generally in that persons life and that person is not happy that his/her family or love ones don't sense it or get it.
koalarabbit
We can view it on a point that person resent the other. But it isn't right to just conclude it on that. There are a lot of factors on why he/she acts aggressively, and nothing like a good and calm confrontation would help
Buttery
May be the person has a lot on their plate and it is becoming hard to handle, and causing them to be frustrated. But maybe they don't have any other opening to let the frustration out, and they take it out on others in their own family, to blow off the steam?
MeganL91
Your family member could be dealing with his/her own stress or problems in his/her life. A lot of times when people act out aggressively, it is because they are lashing out due to their own pent up frustrations.
yourlisteningear
Hurt people hurt people. They may be going through a rough time and can only express those feelings to people they are close to. It might be an area where they are safe to trash out their emotions. Family members might want to find out why he/she is acting that way and being empathetic.