Why doesnt my dad love me?

Andrea McDonald, MSW, LICSW

It is important to know that you are not alone, life can be difficult I am here to help you navigate and resolve issues that can feel overwhelming.

Paoola
Dads all around the globe, okay maybe not that wide, but most of them as much as I had chance to notice seem so often not knowing how to express their emotions. Let`s say they feel uncomfortable expressing love the way we would want them to, or they just do not know how to do that just because of their backgrounds and the way they function. But that does not mean they do not love us. Could it be that the way he express love is disguised in strictness? I do not know what else stands behind this question so I can only speculate, perhaps You could take in consideration to talk with him about that matter. To tell Your dad how he makes You feel and think. And to ask him is it really true that he does not loves You, instead of making assumptions.