How do I get my family to believe what I'm going through?

Hannah Caradonna, MSW, RCSW (RCC #11330)

Social Worker

I offer a warm and non-judgmental space for you to work through your problems. I can help you with anxiety, disordered eating, depression, relationship problems and more.

Writersworld
I am sorry that you feel like your family don't believe what you are going trough. I think one way is to ask them if you can sit down and talk with them, share your heart with them and how it makes you feel if they don't see the things you suffer from and tell them that they're the ones you want support from the most. If you are uncomfortable with that maybe try writing them a letter and explain everything, remind them that you love them and if it were them how much you would care for them. hope it helps!
HeyImLala
Hi - have you tried speaking to your family about this? It can sometimes be hard for certain people to put them selfs in the other persons shoes and sympathise with what they are going through, there for that person can sometimes not imagine what the other person is going through and can't be empathic. If it was me, I would try to speak to my family and tell them that I feel as if they do not believe me and that right now, I need someone to believe me and be there for me. Whilst there is no way to make them believe it, you could tell them that you don't feel believed, which is making you feel worse. Lala
Keepyourmindcalm
I would suggest talking to a relative of yours, your family, or siblings. It is really important to share your feelings with people you trust. I know that you may be afraid to do that, however, I believe it would be really helpful for you! Moreover, do not rush to come into conclusions about what they about you. They may want to help but do not know-how. Be open towards one or two person you feel trust. Also, you could start spending time with them in order to come closer to them. I hope I have helped you. You could always contact me. Warm regards, Keepyourmindcalm