I have so many regrets. How can I try to forget them?

Monique Bivins, MA, LPC

I have a real passion for helping my clients to overcome life's obstacles . My work with clients is nonjudgmental, supportive, and interactive.

Anonymous
Every decision has consequences,both good and bad. You chose the best thing with whatever information, resources or knowledge that you had at that time so instead of trying to forget about them try to accept it and own up to it. It's okay to have regrets, that's a part of being human. Apologize if you hurt someone or try to express how you feel, acknowledge your feelings, try to free yourself from the cycle of what ifs. In the end just know that it's okay. We learn from our past, it can help prevent further regret. Give yourself a second chance.
Anonymous
Just focus on the positive side. Your regrets may stay with you, but you don't have to think about them all the time if you don't want to. I know it's hard and easier said then done, but I believe in you. Everytime one of those regrets comes up, try and remember a positive memory you have, or just any thought that helps you. I don't think that it helps to push away your regrets, it'll probably only make them stronger, but staying positive and trying not to be influenced by your thoughts and regrets could relly help. Stay strong!