One thing I can't stand is lie. My best friend was dishonest with me. Moreover, she doesn't even try to keep contact with me. How do I forgive her? Is it really possible?

Brittany Kelley, MSW, LCSW

I am a psychodynamically trained clinical social worker. I find assisting women and families through difficult times an extremely rewarding and collaborative process.

amazingForest15
Know that it's not you. Your bestfriend's lie says something about her that see has trouble with. She has trouble with something in her life and feels this need to lie. Ask yourself if you want to stay in contact with her. She is your bestfriend but she dishonest to you. And does not stay in contact with you. If you still want her in your life then try talking with her. Tell her how you feel. It might be that she has somethings in her life that might not be going right.
Forgiving is not easy but if you look at it as something that will enable you to move on with your life it might be easier to do it.
Anonymous - Expert in Forgiveness
If she does not appreciate you and respect you enough to be honest than maybe its best that she not be too close to as of now. Remember its not your fault and you have tried your 110% in the friendship. All you do is be you and hope that she learns to be better. Give her time to get better and learn from her mistakes.
Anonymous
It is possible to forgive. She may not know what she has done or is doing is wrong. You must let her know how you feel to possibly make things better. I’m sure after she knows how it makes you feel, she will try to make the situation better. You have to put yourself in her shoes and try to figure out why she did this. Talk to her and explain the problem and how it makes you feel. Then go from there. I’m sure she will listen and try to fix her mistakes. You never know unless you try.