How do I determine what my mental problems are? I just know I feel bad and this feeling spans a lot of areas. I want help but I don't know how to get diagnosed

Brenda King, PsyD

I treat life changes, women’s issues, and issues of aging using evidence-based treatments with healthy doses of warmth, empathy and humor to enhance healing and growth.

listeningearishere
I would recommend seeking help from a licensed mental health clinician. I choose to view diagnoses as a name for a cluster of certain symptoms. It can be helpful to have a diagnosis to describe how your symptoms affect you, to get specialized help and support from a clinician, and perhaps even to understand your symptoms better. It is not unusual for mental health concerns to span several areas. You are not alone and you are worthy of receiving help and support. I encourage you to reach out to a licensed mental health clinician to begin guiding you in a healthy direction.