I have no energy during the day at all. I feel incredibly tired/drained. But around midnight I get this surge of energy and I'm completely alert. I really want to have energy during the day. But how?

Rory Boutilier, Registered Professional Counsellor

I use a client-centered approach to help you reach your goals. You are the expert on you! Particular areas: depression, anxiety, decision-making, change, self-injury.

Anonymous
Sometimes, this lack of energy can happen if you don't have a regular sleeping cycle. Do you wake up and go to sleep around the same times every day? By not having a regular pattern, you throw your circadian rhythm out of schedule, which can affect your alertness throughout the day. If you have a good sleeping schedule and still feel the same imbalance in alertness, I would recommend incorporating physical activity in the morning. For the past few months, I would wake up around 6 in the morning to run or do a workout, then afterwards shower and take some time to self-reflect before my classes start in the late morning/early afternoon. Physical activity not only boosts your energy, but also helps with other things such as heart health and mood. In addition, incorporating healthy food in you diet and avoiding fat and sugar-loaded foods before bed can help with your issue. Another thing to be on the lookout for is when you consume caffeine, if you regularly do.