What can I do to change my perspective on my life, and make the changes that I need to?

Michael Hofrath, Ph.D. Candidate

The only way to the other side of pain is to walk through it rather than around it. Life is a continual journey. Sometimes we get stuck. I will help you get unstuck!

SabrinaD2017
Attitude is key. I am an optimist, even in the worse cases I somehow think positively. You have to set goals for yourself and decide that you are going to be determined enough to completely them. If you truly want change you can make it happen. Never be afraid to ask for help if you need it, but you still have to do the work for yourself. Stop holding back and settling for less when you are worth and deserve so much more.
insiya
The first step would be to firmly decide that you need to change your life. The second would be to stop yourself from feeling bad about yourself and others that may prevent your progress. The final would be to deny yourself certain things, which may include your current beliefs, desires, wants and goals. In depth, try to talk to people with different opinions than yours and from other cultures and beliefs. This will help you understand things from their viewpoint, consequently giving you a different outlook. Once you find out what you need to change, I'm sure you will find ways to get it done too.
Bonnie1
That's a tough one. It depends on what you want to change, I guess. I would start by creating a list of things you would like to do differently, and prioritize them in order of importance. After you do that, you can develop a plan to work towards implementing those changes.
Anonymous
so lets start to change my life i have to change my thoughts and once i have changed my thoughts i will change my habits and follow my heart