How will I be able to get through the funeral of my loved one?

Lauren Abasheva, LMHC

A sex positive, and kink knowledgeable therapist with an open mindset and a clear understanding that we are all different.

caringPanda45
By remembering the day is a celebration of their life and a chance for everyone who loved that person to say goodbye.
RheanaHazel
Just let it all out. Cry, get angry, talk to family members, friends, etc.. It will be difficult, grief is never easy, loss is never easy, but it is absolutely survivable. Having other people around you who are also grieving at the funeral will provide support and you will feel much better darling :)
Anonymous
You're strong and braver than you've ever thought of or known. It will be hard; you will miss them, you will cry, you might even break down countless times but you'll get up again; stronger than ever before. Go along with the flow of life until you feel it's okay.
SparkingStar97
Funerals are hard. Just realize that all people grieve differently, and don't try to force yourself to act the way you think you're "supposed to." That only makes it harder. Embrace your feelings, and realize others there care just like you do.
Exhorter4u
I was able to get through the funeral of my loved one by not looking at the funeral as something sad. I looked at the funeral as a homecoming celebration. I also invited family and friends to wear other colors besides black to the occasion.
DanaMH
The way I get through funerals is try to remember the happy times of those that I love. Lots and lots of breathing also helps. Afterwards you might want to look into support groups if needed and talking here on 7cups.
Related Questions: How will I be able to get through the funeral of my loved one?
After you lose your best friend, how do you know when grieving them starts?I've not been able to cry for a very long time, and I really need to. Is there a method to induce crying and letting it all out ?When will this grief pain stop?I lost my mom 2 years ago and my best friend was helping me take it day by day. Last week she passed away very unexpectedly. Where do I go from here?I am struggling with loss of loved ones and am not sure how to learn to live with loss? I know being lonely causes me to look back on happier times with them in my life.When the time of my ex - boyfriend's death date comes around, I can't function. I fall into a deep depression. I won't eat or talk to anyone. How do I push myself through his death date?How to cope with grieving the loss of a parent and break up with significant other? Holidays are near. My level grief has increased. I do not want to return to an unhealthy relationship.I am grieving the loss of a parent and also a break up with my significant other. How do I cope with all this?My ex died a few months ago after a drug overdose. I can't stop thinking of him. Our relationship was a mess, but he was the boy I've loved the most. His death I feel is ruining my life. What do i do?I'm a 13 year old boy who lost my pets a month ago and lately I've been feeling a bit sick. Also I feel like I am dying and when they say I'm fine I don't believe them. On top of that I went to 7 doctors. Could this be all from losing my pets or is there something else wrong with me?