When the time of my ex - boyfriend's death date comes around, I can't function. I fall into a deep depression. I won't eat or talk to anyone. How do I push myself through his death date?

Robert Baker, MA in Counselling Psychology

No one should have to feel alone, or that they have no one to talk to about their issues. I provide a safe, supportive, and accepting environment to connect.

Anonymous
Although it might sound like just a wordplay, consider trying to see it as "carrying you" through the death date/days rather than "pushing yourself". The strong feelings and love you have had and continue to have for the person seem to be eager to make themselves felt during this time. It seems like your heart/mind/body really wants to let you acknowledge/accept/embrace those strong feelings. Acknowledging/accepting/embracing the deep feelings might help you not be negatively affected and maybe even positively motivated. Because, you would be seeing and experiencing your ability to feel deeply and love deeply. And with your intense remembrance, you are honoring all the love you shared with the person. I apologize if anything or everything I said above makes you feel uncomfortable. You don't have to listen to me if it's not being helpful. I really am hoping for you to feel better.