Am I too old (18) to even change my sexuality? I always identified as straight but now start questionning myself, as I have a crush on a girl. But does this automatically mean I'm bisexual?

Deane Rain Marie, LMFT

I take a holistic approach in working with eating disorders, mood disorders, relationships, and the LGBTQ community. I use EMDR, Dreamwork, Stories, CBT and Cinema therapy.

Anonymous
April 22nd, 2019 4:17am
There never is an age were we stop finding parts of ourselves; where we stop growing. It can take a lot of time for certain feelings like these to surface. I find sexuality to be, to an extent, a spectrum. Some may have more physical attraction to one gender, but are able to romantically be involved with the opposite gender. The label one associates with their preferance can be flexible- Such an encounter can be a one off feeling, or also likely can show that you have a preferance for others of the same gender. It's very healthy and normal to have such feelings.
There's no right or wrong time to discover your sexuality, everyone has a different path! If you are attracted to both boys and girls, you are bisexual. Maybe you never realized before because you have a preference for boys, it's totally possible and very common to have a preference for a gender but it still means you are bisexual.
Anonymous
No, there is no set age on which to determine your sexuality. Sexuality is fluid and evolves and you might discover you like different things then you did before and that is perfectly okay. Just bevause you might like the same sex does not automatically make you bisexual or gay. You could be pansexual or you could just be someone that likes to experiment. Labels are just that, labels. You don't have to have a word define who you are and who you like. No matter what as long as you are happy that is what matters most.