Can a straight girl like a girl?

Can a straight girl like a girl?

Susana Diaz, lpc

I believed that to be a successful therapist is to be able to empathize and connect with all clients. My work with clients is to help them identify resources to cope.

Waceykinz
I personally believe it doesn't matter what's in their pants, it's what's in their heart. I think you can fall in love or like someone of the same sex without even meaning to. I'm bisexual myself. I've only dated a few girls but I still am attracted to men too. I've been with a man for 5 years. Bisexuality is a thing. No reason to label yourself. Just go with the flow of what your heart desires, it's ok to fall in love with people for who they are as a person rather than being so worried about stereotypes, genders and what you should label yourself.
GentleFlameofCaring
It is definitely possible to be straight and like a girl as a girl. Sexual orientation is how you want to identify and what you feel describes you, and it sounds like you like being straight. Life and love can be complicated often, and sometimes not like a trend. What do you think about the idea that that rules guide a trend, but are also meant to be able to be broken at times? A lot of times there can be a grey area, yeah? What if this is one of those situations. I have supported people of all orientations that make a distinction on attraction and there have been quite a few that questioning sexuality cause it want the definitive. What if sexuality is also a spectrum (which it can be seen as)? We have labels that describe regions, but everyone is also different and fits in a slightly different place. having these labels I think is about having a word to communicate haw we feel and who we are and elevate ourselves. What do you think?
BlueberryPuffin17
People are creatures that like to categorize things, to the point where we need a name for everything. It is great because it lets us communicate with each other our experiences and build communities, but the downside is that sometimes sexual or romantic attraction is just too vague to put a finger on it. It is possible, is the answer, to have an exception, or a time period where it is true. Another good thing to bear in mind is that a lot of the time we are lead to assume that we are straight when we are not and that can also hold us back. Quite a few people found themselves in the latter camp rather than the former. But is it possible? Absolutely.